Highlighted

Pre-Owned Sansa Clip+ Only Turns On When Connected to Pc

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I've bought a pre-owned, supposedly working Clip+ from an eBay seller with good rating. 

The player will NOT turn on, though. The screen does not show anything. I've tried pressing the power button for 30+ seconds and nothing changes. 

However, when I plug it in my laptop, the screen turns on and everything looks okay. I can see the device in Windows, browse the folders etc. The battery says it's at 100% too. 

• Is there a way to 'reset' the Clip+ from Windows to hopefully get it working as normal?
  • Any other ideas on how to hopefully revive this player?

Also, BTW, this one says SanDisk instead of Sansa on the front. My old Clip+ said Sansa. Does anyone know how come? It's identical in all other respects. 

Highlighted

Re: Pre-Owned Sansa Clip+ Only Turns On When Connected to Pc

update:

When connecting to USB adapter, the screen turns on. The battery looks like it's charging for about 15 seconds but then turns into a battery symbol that's crossed out. Does this mean the battery is dead or is there another solution? Everything else seems to work fine when plugged in.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Re: Pre-Owned Sansa Clip+ Only Turns On When Connected to Pc

Late reply, but did you see this post a few topics down from yours?

https://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Brand-new-Clip-not-charging-anything-else-to-try...

That's me.  Same situation.

You have a dead battery and the only solution is to open up the Clip+ and replace it.  There are tutorials and videos on how to do it; it helps to search and read/view all of them to get the Big Picture on how it all works. 

Or you can order a new battery off eBay (there's one for 17 bucks that's supposedly OEM for the Clip+)  and try your friendly local PC/phone repair shop to see if they'll solder it in for you.

Or you can sell it and buy a working Clip+, which is what I did.