Possible to emulate 'single folder, drag and drop' as were Express and e140?

@svensk wrote:

Finally down to my last e140 and Express.   I do have a Clip to fall back on in when those are done, but haven’t used the Clip extensively simply because it insists on putting my drag and drop  mp3 podcast files into the several different Clip categories of Music, Audiobook, or podcast, apparently at random.  And it makes  matters worse by even self-creating album names and stuffing some of the files into those so I have to go looking for them.

What I do with the player is listen to the podcasts while walking, and when I run into one that isn’t going anywhere interesting, I just want to click the forward button, and go to the next podcast in memory.  Don’t want to stop and take the time to go thru the menu buttons to find another category and manually pick another file.

So all I need the Clip to do for me is to allow me to grab a handful of assorted podcast mp3 files from my PC, and then store them into a single 'Music folder, same as was done with the old technology.

Have tried setting the Clip to MSC mode of course, but it still seems to expect that I should be using sync software or uploading from a playlist.

Any solution to getting the Clip to act as if it has just one folder for all files?

Thanks

I’m not sure I’m following, as you can store the files where you want on the Clip (just drag and drop them there).

Note:  if you store files in the Podcasts or Audiobooks folders, the Clip will use the file and folder names for the screen display, getting around having to add ID3 tags to the files.