Poor battery life

After 1 year and 1 month, the battery life has dropped to about 1hr; it normally lives in my car, charging all the time from the power socket, and is used standalone on the weekends. I did the charge/discharge cycle when i first bought it, and its been brilliant so far; I bought it through Amazon; I assume its the standard 1 year warranty?

In the US, the warranty is a year. I am wondering if having it on charge all the time prematurely wore out the battery, of if leaving it in a hot car was what did in the battery. LIon batteries are very sensitive heat. Anything that contains one should not be left in a hot car.

@jk98 wrote:

In the US, the warranty is a year. I am wondering if having it on charge all the time prematurely wore out the battery, of if leaving it in a hot car was what did in the battery. LIon batteries are very sensitive heat. Anything that contains one should not be left in a hot car.

This would be my 1st assumption too.

Surprisingly I got a very helpfull reply from SanDisk support; sounds like the uk has a longer warranty or they are being nice, but I’ve a couple of things to try first and then return it

In the UK the warranty is for 2 years.