Podcast order?

I’m going crazy trying to figure out in what order the Sansa Clip+ puts the podcasts. I think it’s by track number followed by some kind of file creation date, but there are some discrepancies and I can’t be 100% sure. Anybody know?

I have wasted many hours trying to get podcasts onto a playlist onto the Clip. Final word, after about two hours w/ tech support: the only way for a podcast to appear on a playlist is to change the genre from “podcast” to anything else. It seems the Clip sees a transferred MP3 file and only puts it in the Podcast directory on Clip.

I will be returning the device today (30 day guarantee at Radio Shack) and buying any other brand.

Recap:

My initial email inquiry (via the website) two days ago was never answered. The online support chat (via the website) never responded.  The manual, the help screens, etc were garbage. I tried using Rhapsody as the jukebox because that’s what came w/ the device BUT it turns out I was supposed to be using Windows Media Player, which I detest. The help desk person was helpful (though he’ll ask if the caller is working on MP3s next time…that would have been a real time-saver).

It was on sale and it was a pretty color of red. That’s about all I can say good about it.

mstabler wrote:

I have wasted many hours trying to get podcasts onto a playlist onto the Clip. Final word, after about two hours w/ tech support: the only way for a podcast to appear on a playlist is to change the genre from “podcast” to anything else. It seems the Clip sees a transferred MP3 file and only puts it in the Podcast directory on Clip.

I will be returning the device today (30 day guarantee at Radio Shack) and buying any other brand.

Recap:

My initial email inquiry (via the website) two days ago was never answered. The online support chat (via the website) never responded.  The manual, the help screens, etc were garbage. I tried using Rhapsody as the jukebox because that’s what came w/ the device BUT it turns out I was supposed to be using Windows Media Player, which I detest. The help desk person was helpful (though he’ll ask if the caller is working on MP3s next time…that would have been a real time-saver).

It was on sale and it was a pretty color of red. That’s about all I can say good about it.

You don’t need to use Rhapsody or Windows MediaPlayer with it. If not for your desire to put podcasts in a playlist, I suspect you probably would have enjoyed the player. Oh well…your player will end up being sold as a refurb for a crazy cheap price to someone else.:wink:

Give the podcasts in the same series the same album tag, then assign track numbers so they play in the order you want. Very simple.  A tag editor program will help make this easier to do. Many use the free program mp3Tag.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/