Podcast folders

When I transfer my podcasts from gPodder into my Clip+, I find some of the podcasts in the Music-Podcasts folder, but not all.  I can find the missing podcasts by looking in Play All or Recently Added.  How do I get all the podcasts to go into the Podcasts folder?

Perhaps a silly question, but:  are you copying and pasting the missing files into the Clip’s Podcasts folder?

I’ve been using gPodder to move the files to the Clip.  It has a “Transfer” function and a “Sync episodes to device” function.  Both methods give me the same result.

Yet another reason why I’ve always said “Sync stinks”.

@jff wrote:

I’ve been using gPodder to move the files to the Clip.  It has a “Transfer” function and a “Sync episodes to device” function.  Both methods give me the same result.

I always used to use Mediamonkey for my podcasts when my Sansas were my podcast players. It would grab them for me, once they were subscribed, and the “Send To” menu would allow me to choose where I sent the file to ( I was not using the automatic sync function ) …so it was a simple thing to select the podcast folder of the Clip+.

Now, of course, that is all in the past.

@jff wrote:

I recommend that you simply try copying and pasting the files to the Clip, using Windows–it could be a gPodder sync, etc. type issue. 

I’m using gPodder as well, and it works fine. I’ve set the Clip+ to MSC mode (!), and set up gPodder to sync to a filesystem-based device and defined the “mount point” as the PODCAST directory of the Clip+.

Problem solved.  Apparently, the Clip uses tag information to decide how it is going to organize the podcasts that I transfer.  If the tag info is incomplete or inaccurate, then the Clip sorts the podcasts into unexpected places on its menu. So now before I transfer the podcasts,  I use a tag viewer/editor to review to tags on the podcasts, change them as needed, and then transfer them to the Clip.  They now all end up in the Podcast folder.

P.S. Curiously, even when I dragged and dropped the podcasts into the Clip’s Podcast folder, the Clip still listed the podcasts in unexpected places on its menu.  Apparently, it uses its internal rules for tag info to decide where to list the files.