Pls help: Font Error on the Clip+ (displays strange characters)

Hello everyone,

Would appreciate if someone could advise/guide to solutions on the problems I am having with my Clip+.

The display shows strange characters which I assumed it to be a language change. Have selected ENGLISH as the language, but still the funny characters won’t go away. Tried resetting and formatting the device- but the problem remains. I’ve finally concluded that there is a problem with the English Font characters. It displays non-english charactered language such as Arabic, Chinese etc correctly. Attaching a few pics of the display below. 

Hello everyone,

Well I’ve been trying my head since morning on this but with failure…that included a firmware upgrade to V2.xx. Still didn’t work…but tried with booting with an earlier firmware and it worked :slight_smile:

The following post helped!

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/Sansa-Clip-Firmware-Update-01-02-16/td-p/150227

You may have downloaded the regular Clip firmware instead of the Clip Plus firmware.

@color43 wrote:

You may have downloaded the regular Clip firmware instead of the Clip Plus firmware.

Not according to the link they provided.

Looks like…but I didn’t find the plus firmware and badly wanted to get the player started.

The Clip+ firmware is in an upgrade sticky thread at the top of the Clip/Clip+ forum, just like the original Clip’s firmware is in a separate sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Reapply the latest correct firmware.

The Clip+ firmware is in a firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the Clip/Clip+ forum, just like the original Clip’s firmware is in a separate sticky thread at the top of this forum.  And, in fact, the Clip+'s firmware is in the very first thread in this forum, at the very top of the forum.   :wink:  

Reapply the latest correct firmware.