Highlighted
O_o

Playlists?

[ Edited ]

I can't find anything definite on this so hopefully someone here can help? Can I load playlists on the Clip? I know there is a "Go List" but I'd like to have multiple playlists for different things on the clip. I tried to load a playlist from WMP11 but it just loaded the songs and not even in the same order as the playlist I loaded. Am I doing something wrong or is the Clip not capable this? Maybe there is a different term for what I'm looking for than simply playlist. If that's the case, if someone could just point me in the right direction that would be great.

Message Edited by O_o on 04-21-2008 02:50 AM
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Playlists?

The Clip supports M3U playlists. Many media management programs and MP3 tagging utilities have the ability to create playlists.

I'm surprised you found nothing helpful on this because there have been numerous threads about playlists here on the forum. Try searching again

Idiot Savant
Highlighted

rit click sansa in WMP11 library>> "set up sync">>sync automatically>> personal playlists from drop down meun>> select the playlists to sync.
i love my clip
Highlighted

I think it supports just about any sync software. My wife plugged hers into her laptop and MusicMatch, her music organizer of choice, popped up ready to sync to the Clip without any type of setup. Just worked right off the bat.  So yes, it works with playlists.  I have 4 different playlists on mine right now.
Highlighted

that is exactly what's happening to me
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Check out this Sansa How to Video. 

Adding a playlist to your Sansa MP3 player in MTP mode using Windows Media Player 11 (Windows XP | Vista)

Go Sansa!

Highlighted

Simplified way to create multiple playlists using out of box settings.  No special transfer mode, etc. 

Here is how I created multiple playlists on the Sansa Clip.

1.  Plug in Clip to PC

2.  Navigate to Internal Memory directory via Windows Explorer or My Computer, etc. 

3.  Right click on Playlist and select create playlist.  If it gives you a message about no media, then go to the Albums or Audiobook directory and select an Album and do the same thing.   Rename as appropriate.   i.e. Country.pla 

Or , if you have a playlist already created, then you can copy it and rename it to whatever you want. 

Either way, you will probably have to remove the songs you don't want from that newly created list.  I use Rhapsody for that part. 

4.  Move these .pla files to the Internal Memory directory.   They will not be in the playlist directory

5.  Start music manager (Rhapsody in my case)  Select the Clip and it will find all the music and playlists there.

6.  In Rhapsody, cleanup the newly created playlists if needed. 

7.  You can load the playlist by select songs already on the Clip and right click -> add to  device playlist, or you can go to your PC library and drop and drag music to the playlist.  This will also add it to the Clip.

8.  Disconnect, let Clip Refresh Database

9.  Enjoy your new playlists. 

BradBain

p.s. I have three playlists  FastSongs, SlowSongs, Country(created to verify the list above) and they all work great.  So far, I love the clip.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Brad,

A couple of questions for you,

2.  Navigate to Internal Memory directory via Windows Explorer or My Computer, etc. 

Which internal memory?

3.  Right click on Playlist and select create playlist.  If it gives you a message about no media, then go to the Albums or Audiobook directory and select an Album and do the same thing.   Rename as appropriate.   i.e. Country.pla 

No playlist visible when I open the clip memory?

Highlighted

see responses below:

Which internal memory? 

>>- (internal memory on the Clip device)

No playlist visible when I open the clip memory?           

>> - (On the clip device(via explorer) you will have to create a playlist in a directory with music in it. then move it to the internal memory directory on the clip device.  Once it is there, you should be able to see it when the Clip refreshes and then via Rhapsody, you should be able to move music to that playlist, or clean out the songs from the playlist you just created. 

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

How did you load playlists using WMP11?  This is what I did (before I switched to MediaMonkey) ...

- Right-click on "Sansa Clip" displayed on left, select "Set Up Sync"

- Check "Sync this device automatically"

- add or remove playlists so that the "Playlists to sync" listbox on the right contains the playlists you want on your Clip

- click on "Finish" button

- WMP11 should start synchronizing songs to your Clip immediately.  Don't interrupt the process as (I believe) the actual playlist is synced last, after the songs.