Playlist problem

Hi,

I’m creating playlist on a clip+ player with osx. I use the command line so I’m sure about the content.

the playlists work ONLY when the playlist file are in the same folder of the playlist file;if I try to add to the playlist files that are in subfolder they will not be showed when I open the playlist on the player, while I can use the same playlist on my computer (vlc, cog, itunes…)

Is it this behaviour normal ? it’d be quite useless to make playlist that cannot contain files that are in subfoleders…

Cheers

In your playlist, are the folder listed as part of the path to the file?  For example this is a playlist I have (this is in m3u format):

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:163,Melissa Etheridge - Come to My Window [Live]
Various Artists\The Concert for New York City Disc 2\05 Come to My Window [Live].wma
#EXTINF:309,Melissa Etheridge - Born to Run
Various Artists\The Concert for New York City Disc 2\06 Born to Run.wma
#EXTINF:216,Melissa Etheridge - Refugee [#]
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\01 Refugee [#].wma
#EXTINF:288,Melissa Etheridge - Similar Features
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\02 Similar Features.wma
#EXTINF:326,Melissa Etheridge - Like the Way I Do
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\03 Like the Way I Do.wma
#EXTINF:234,Melissa Etheridge - Bring Me Some Water
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\04 Bring Me Some Water.wma
#EXTINF:198,Melissa Etheridge - You Can Sleep While I Drive
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\05 You Can Sleep While I Drive.wma
#EXTINF:276,Melissa Etheridge - No Souvenirs
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\06 No Souvenirs.wma
#EXTINF:265,Melissa Etheridge - Ain’t It Heavy
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\07 Ain’t It Heavy.wma
#EXTINF:256,Melissa Etheridge - I’m the Only One
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\08 I’m the Only One.wma
#EXTINF:216,Melissa Etheridge - Come to My Window
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\09 Come to My Window.wma
#EXTINF:236,Melissa Etheridge - If I Wanted To
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\10 If I Wanted To.wma
#EXTINF:328,Melissa Etheridge - I Want to Come Over
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\11 I Want to Come Over.wma
#EXTINF:279,Melissa Etheridge - Angels Would Fall
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\12 Angels Would Fall.wma
#EXTINF:240,Melissa Etheridge - Lucky
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\13 Lucky.wma
#EXTINF:261,Melissa Etheridge - Christmas in America [#]
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\14 Christmas in America [#].wma
#EXTINF:264,Melissa Etheridge - Piece of My Heart [#]
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\15 Piece of My Heart [#].wma
#EXTINF:215,Melissa Etheridge - This Is Not Goodbye [#]
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\16 This Is Not Goodbye [#].wma
#EXTINF:261,Melissa Etheridge - I Run for Life [#]
Melissa Etheridge\Greatest Hits- The Road Less Traveled\17 I Run for Life [#].wma

EricB

Yes, there is the complete path to the file, without the folder MUSIC, like your playlist - the only differece are the slashes: on os x and linux the slash is “/”, while on windows is ""

I’ve tried to convert the slash and now the playlist works… not that great, but at least I know why :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for your answer!

buscon wrote:

Yes, there is the complete path to the file, without the folder MUSIC, like your playlist - the only differece are the slashes: on os x and linux the slash is “/”, while on windows is ""

I’ve tried to convert the slash and now the playlist works… not that great, but at least I know why :stuck_out_tongue:

Figures Apple would be bass-ackwards . . . or is it Windows? :stuck_out_tongue:

it’s just a different standard, and we could talk a lot about it, but that’s not the point.

In this case, sandisk should support both the slashes - I hope in a future firmware update :slight_smile: