Playlist creation

Is it possible to create a playlist that has shortcuts to the songs instead of another copy of the songs?  I’ve just started trying to create a playlist. I have the sandisk plugged in to my computer. I see it in Windows 10 file manager. All I can get it to do is copy the songs to a folder I create under the PLAYLIST folder which is basically doubling the space being used for that song. What I want is all my songs to play when its just me listening (no playlist) and a subset (playlist) to play depending on what group I’m with. Is doubling the space (or more) the only way to do this? Thanks…

Take a look at this batch command method to create a m3u playlist directly within a subfolder of music files (and other subfolders) within the Music folder of a Sansa player.  I have been using this method for ~18 months wih my Clip Sports(s).

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/Simple-Batch-File-for-Playlist-of-Genre-Folders/m-p/359406/highlight/true#M3578

There’s a great free program written by a guy in Germany: MP3Tag

It can be used to make play lists that you just drag into your music directory. It does a lot beyond that though. Excellent, highly recommended.

Is there anyway you can use your Android to create a playlist without having to use your computer?