Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Pitch bug on Clip+?

Great.  As I said, fine, bring it to their attention--please do.  But in one thread and not in a spam attack of multiple threads and posts, intruding on others' valuable time.  And, I'm outta here.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Bring it to their attention via calls to their support telephone number.  They're forced to spend money and time answering those. 

All you're doing by posting your complaints over and over again is to annoy other users.  SanDisk is ignoring your posts, and your posts don't cost the company anything.

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Wow! Ralph Nader Jr.!

8GB Blue FUZE w/The Original DIY Lineout Cable and AT Button H-Phones Fitted To AT WM5 Headband:All Custom Built
Highlighted
Administrator

[ Edited ]

All,

The SanDisk Firmware developers are aware of this issue and a fix is in the works for the Sansa Fuze and the Sansa Clip+. At this time due to development targeted on the Clip+, firmware for the original Clip is not currently under development. This may change in the future as time permits.

wavydavy,

All of the posts copy and pasting the same response simply are not necessary. If you continue to post these messages you will be ban from posting on this forum. This is your one and only warning. All of your duplicate posts will be deleted. You have gotten your point across and we would like to thank you for your contributions.  

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 09-13-2009 02:46 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the response Slotmonsta.

Please make the pitch/speed issue a sticky.

Until then, bumping the relevant pitch/speed threads on the Clip and Clip+ forums is the only way to warn folks about the problem until it is resolved.

It is important information for music students, musicians and others that would be affected.

To conceal this problem would be dishonest.

In light of your response, I will avoid multiple posts.

Please keep us informed about progress in addressing this problem.

Wavy

Message Edited by wavydavy on 09-13-2009 03:55 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

@slotmonsta wrote:

All,

The SanDisk Firmware developers are aware of this issue and a fix is in the works for the Sansa Fuze and the Sansa Clip+. At this time due to development targeted on the Clip+, firmware for the original Clip is not currently under development. This may change in the future as time permits.

wavydavy,

All of the posts copy and pasting the same response simply are not necessary. If you continue to post these messages you will be ban from posting on this forum. This is your one and only warning. All of your duplicate posts will be deleted. You have gotten your point across and we would like to thank you for your contributions.  

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Thank you for the response.  Now we have a concrete answer we can refer to.

So it's EXACTLY like how I predicted.  The new Clip is out, and the problems of the old one are just tossed aside.  Sure it says that it "may change in the future" but that's code for "You can forget about new firmware coming out for the original Clip."

Well, you just lost a customer.  I will also make sure to tell anyone I know to avoid Sansa products in the future.  This sort of behavior is reprehensible and I will not give business to companies who do this.

But again, thank you for the prompt reply.  I no longer have to wait pointlessly for a firmware update.  I can now sell my Clip and purchase a player from one of your competitors who actually cares about it's existing consumer base and won't cease support on products because a new version of the same product is coming out.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

You got that right. This time, it's R.I.P for the old clip, i'm selling it as soon as the Clip+ comes to Europe stores. Too bad Sansa can't fix the issue on both devices, i bet they use the same CPU unit, most of the components are the same. They just don't care. 
Clip 8GB v2 Silver / Clip+ 8GB Black + Fiio E5 + KSC75 + IE8
Highlighted
SanDisk User

@icsterm wrote:
You got that right. This time, it's R.I.P for the old clip, i'm selling it as soon as the Clip+ comes to Europe stores. Too bad Sansa can't fix the issue on both devices, i bet they use the same CPU unit, most of the components are the same. They just don't care. 

So you are going to buy the Clip+?  Why would you do that? By buying the new one, you are approving Sandisk's action of ignoring this problem on the Clip.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

To slotmonsta

Thanks for the update.

I like all 3 of my Sansa players.

Highlighted

@slotmonsta wrote:

All,

wavydavy,

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Well, that's just flat out unacceptable.  Sansa has just lost another loyal customer.