Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Pitch bug on Clip+?

c200 is a bit smaller than an e200, has a microSDHC slot and FM radio, and can be Rockboxed.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

1/4 of a percent is plenty. A watch that is off by 1/4 of 1% would be off over 3 minutes a day!
Highlighted
SanDisk User

So Sansa, how much longer is this problem going to be ignored?  I don't plan to stop bumping this thread until we finally get a concrete answer.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@Warrior1986 wrote:
So Sansa, how much longer is this problem going to be ignored?  I don't plan to stop bumping this thread until we finally get a concrete answer.

You will be dead and buried before they address the issue.... Bump away...... 

"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
Highlighted

For anyone who wanst to check their clip using the method posted on page 3 of this thread, I've upload a 30-second 1000hz FLAC file here and an MP3 version here if you do not want to create the files using NCH Tone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, for Sandisk, here's an idea that could result a win-win situation: Since correcting the pitch may result in reduced battery life, why not give the user the option to correct the pitch? In the audio settings, you could call it 'audiophile mode', and enabling it would fix the pitch bug, but reduce battery life. This way you can still claim your current battery life as accurate by having 'audiophile mode' disabled by default.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@Warrior1986 wrote:

Could you please do us all a favor and CALL SanDisk and ask them, then post their response here, instead of spamming a user forum that's not an official vehicle for obtaining support?
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

WOW! There really is a bug? So that's why my Chipmunks rips from vinyl sound a bit fast, or was it slow. This is causing all kinds of problems when I try to practice my Jew's harp. I must have not set the pitch control correct on the turntable. Hey, that's the solution! Sansa needs to put a pitch control knob on the Gen3 clip along with a strobe ring.
8GB Blue FUZE w/The Original DIY Lineout Cable and AT Button H-Phones Fitted To AT WM5 Headband:All Custom Built
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

WD, as a contributor here, I appreciate your issue, concern and frustration.  I truly wish SanDisk would respond (on this and other issues--ignoring one's consumers is never a good policy, it seems to me).

However, and with all due respect, your multiple postings across numerous threads is tiresome, and unfortunately and unwarrantedly wastes my time.  A single thread is more than sufficient.  Would you please limit yourself, so as not to consume my own time?  Many thanks--

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Like it or not, Sandisk appears to be fixing this in stages. The pitch error on the Fuze and Clip+ is only around 1/3 of what it was on the Clip when it first came out. I expect further decreases in the pitch error over time, however they don't seem to want to fix it completely in one step.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@wavydavy wrote:

Miikerman,

Yes, I agree that it's tiresome Sansa won't fix the problem without lots of customer complaints.

If you don't have something constructive to add to this subject, why bother posting here?

Skip it and move on to something that interests you more.

You think I want to read your complaints about people who care about product quality enough to write in this forum about it?

Why would you discourage people from posting about this problem, instead of just skipping the threads about the pitch/speed problem, if it is of no interest to you, hmmmmmmm?

Clearly this is a serious issue for those who care about listening to music at the same pitch/speed as it was originally recorded.

This should not be considered an unreasonable or controversial request in this digital age, when all other inexpensive playback devices can do this.

And if you need to hear it from other Sansa users who care, check out this thread.

Because of it Sansa finally addressed the problem on the Fuze.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=11835&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

All it takes for badly made products to flood the market is for consumers to say nothing. 

Keep up the good work, all you other good folks helping to keep the pitch/speed problem at the top of the Clip forums :smileywink:.

It's only through the efforts of people like us, that there is any chance Sansa will fix this serious design defect.

If nothing else, we can warn new or potential owners so they can return these products before it's to late.

Keep up the good fight, never give up! :smileyhappy:

Unfortunately, by ignoring others with your multiple posts and including polite requests such as the above--one thread by you is sufficient--you are engaging in spam.  That only is hurting your issue and is going to result in your being labeled a spammer. No one is asking you to stop raising the issue--rather, just to not spam about it.

Asking others to ignore your posts is putting the cart before the horse.  Moreover, people check the threads to see if there is anything new; merely finding your dupicative posts, time after time and in many different threads, is a waste of others' time, and an abuse of others.