Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Pitch bug on Clip+?

Couldn't that be calculated on paper? 

Regardless, there still is the trade-off:  adjust the pitch tighter with a small battery hit; or keep the pitch as is with the longer battery life.  Note that the pitch target was improved with the Clip+ from the Clip.

Personally, I think that an estimated 14-1/2 hour battery life for something this small is pretty bloody amazing and allows for, essentially, a full day of play.  And the loss of 1/2 an hour is not major.  But it could be a marketing issue, perhaps, and I don't know what the majority of users would feel.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Find two people that would measure exactly 15h 00' 00" battery life. Among various other factors, even ambient temperature and humidity can influence its performance. I am pretty much sure that battery issue is just an excuse for some other problem which they are not willing to share.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@Miikerman wrote:

Couldn't that be calculated on paper? 

Regardless, there still is the trade-off:  adjust the pitch tighter with a small battery hit; or keep the pitch as is with the longer battery life.  Note that the pitch target was improved with the Clip+ from the Clip.

Personally, I think that an estimated 14-1/2 hour battery life for something this small is pretty bloody amazing and allows for, essentially, a full day of play.  And the loss of 1/2 an hour is not major.  But it could be a marketing issue, perhaps, and I don't know what the majority of users would feel.

I came back to say this.  There should be no trade-off.  I presently have a player that is tiny, plays on-pitch and has a battery life of 60 hrs.  In a way, I'm glad that Sandisk had this issue or I wouldn't have found my new perfect player.

If another manufacturer can figure a way to have superb battery life and play on pitch in a very small form factor, there really isn't any excuse for Sandisk not to do the same.

"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

You could have mentioned the name, you know?Smiley Wink
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@yelped wrote:

Shame on you for not knowing! Smiley Tongue

Vague hint: they're known for their players having great sound and battery life.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Sony S545 ? Are you kidding, that thing is at least 2-3 times bigger then Sansa Clip+, not to mention the price. Buy a player the size of a refrigerator and batteries will last your whole life Smiley Happy Anyway I would never buy anything from such a bloodsucking company like Sony. 

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@m9zf3n5w wrote:

Sony S545 ? Are you kidding, that thing is at least 2-3 times bigger then Sansa Clip+, not to mention the price. Buy a player the size of a refrigerator and batteries will last your whole life Smiley Happy Anyway I would never buy anything from such a bloodsucking company like Sony. 

Sony S545 is what I have, not what fuze_owner-GB has that yelped was asking about. Smiley Tongue

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@yelped wrote:

Hmmm... I never realized that I was your personal assistant. Smiley Very Happy

My hints should be obvious; do a little searching around.  There aren't too many players with 60 hrs. of battery life.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

With the size of a clip+ ? I don't even think it is possible.

>> There aren't too many players with 60 hrs. of battery life. 

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Last hint; and the end of discussion for me.  Take a little initiative and do a bit of research yourself if a media player with 60 hrs of battery life is of interest (that plays on-pitch).