Highlighted

Re: Pitch bug on Clip+?

I just registered to say that I was lurking this forum waiting to buy the new Clip+ when it became available in my country, but reading this "official" statement about the pitch issue I'm buying the Cowon D2 Plus. I'm not a musician but I wouldn't enjoy my music knowing it's playing at the wrong pitch/tempo.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@p3ndr4g0n wrote:
I just registered to say that I was lurking this forum waiting to buy the new Clip+ when it became available in my country, but reading this "official" statement about the pitch issue I'm buying the Cowon D2 Plus. I'm not a musician but I wouldn't enjoy my music knowing it's playing at the wrong pitch/tempo.

Isn't the Cowon D2 Plus about four times the cost of a Clip+?

What if you were blindfolded, and couldn't tell the difference?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@p3ndr4g0n wrote:

I predict that many others will feel the same way as you. Hopefully enough of them will post here to make them change their minds.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

I predict that many people who've already posted about this are going to re-register under a different username and post again about it, to show a fictional "grassroots movement" against the Clip+.Smiley Wink
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@PromisedPlanet wrote:

@p3ndr4g0n wrote:

Some would say it is four times the player. Smiley Surprised I don't have one, but I hear great things about them from people I trust.

2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@PromisedPlanet wrote:
I predict that many people who've already posted about this are going to re-register under a different username and post again about it, to show a fictional "grassroots movement" against the Clip+.Smiley Wink

I'm not re-registering, but I have stated that I will no longer be buying a Clip+

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

From the measurement posted here, the Clip+ has about 1/3 the error of the original clip.  Possible it already has the firmware improvement the clip owners are clamoring for?   The fix Sansafix posted about way back when was to be much improved, not perfect.  The error now, about 1/4 percent, amounts to about 1 Hz on an A440.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I too would have to say that i am put down by this statement from Sandisk. I have had the original clip and i noticed the bug, Then, when i heard about the clip+ i was going to go out to get it because i was almost certain they had fixed the pitch bug. But i always research mp3 players before i buy them, and i am glad i checked here before i bought it. I am a sandisk supporter to the fullest extent. I like their products, but to hear that they cannot fix the pitch bug because they decided to go with another plan? that is just not going to cut it. It is one thing not know about a probelm and go on with your life. But to actually know about the problem and still not fix it? Well i guess i wont be buying the clip+ unless they fix this pitch bug.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@PromisedPlanet wrote:

@p3ndr4g0n wrote:

The 8GB version is $121.17 on Amazon, and it has a full size SDHC slot, so a 32GB card is an option. The 16GB model goes for $150. 

The 8GB Clip+ is currently $67 on Amazon. So no, it's not 4 times the cost, but it's at least twice the player. High power output, 2.5" 16-million-color screen, rated battery life of 52 hours for audio, tons of available sound tweaks if one is so inclined.

Are they after the same consumer ? Probably not....but p3ndr4g0n's decision should be noted by the "suits" at SanDisk. I know of someone else who just bought a D2+ after leaving SanDisk too

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I was a big sansa booster until they dropped the ball with the pitch problem.

As a result of their decision, I will no longer recommend or purchase Sandisk products.