Pitch bug on Clip+?

I at least want the forum regulars to know that I will TRY to do my research before asking a question that might have been posted 648 times before.  :smileyvery-happy: 

This is also partly for the people who are so up in arms about the whole thing,  just to remind them that there is a middle ground out there somewhere between a million-man march to the Sandisk headquarters and “Oblivious Contentment”.

If one is a serious musician (which would NOT be me) it might not be a great hardship to have a set of MP3’s that were encoded at 48khz sampling rate, at least for the critical files that you might be trying to play in tune with. 

It did really have me wondering if 48khz sampling rate for MP3’s might have any SQ benefits for ANY or ALL devices when converted directly from a lossless format,  so this seemed to be the right time and place to bring that up.

Also the power thing… if it takes a tweak to get the speed (nearly) right at 44.1 are we already paying a battery cost vs what SEEMS to be a native speed for the Clip’s D/A converter  of 48khz.  I suspect higher sampling rates  will automatically be more battery intensive,  unless there is a designed native speed where there is an optimum efficiency.

By the way,  I like the irony and alliteration of using Klipsch headphones on my Clip’s.  (Image X10s for critical listening and a set of S4’s for those times I am worried about damage or loss)

Message Edited by Gliderguy on 12-20-2009 06:00 PM