Pitch bug on Clip+?

Newbie here,  So let me jump right in to the DEEEEEP end of the pool…  I am trying to take a workaround approach to this and see where it goes.

I have read all 27 pages of this thread with interest.  I have a Clip,  Fuze and a new Clip+.  I recall that the pitch accuracy at 48khz sample rate on both the Clip and Clip+ is on par with other players.  I have all my music archived in Flac right now,  and can convert a working copy with dBpoweramp to either OGG or LAME at 48khz sample rates overnight.  I currently have a 44.1khz mp3 copy of everything  at q=0 vbr so windows media player has a clue what to do with my music.  I would of course keep my original flac files.

1.  If I do this to avoid the pitch issue,  will the resulting files have any more loss or artifacts than I would normally have converting to the same bitrate mp3 or ogg at 44.1khz?  I have usually been setting things to max quality ogg q=1 or lame q=0 vbr.  I am certain it wouldn’t be “lossless” to convert to 48khz flac,  so I wouldn’t bother with that for my archival files.

1. I see that 48khz is the DAT standard.  Do most other mp3 players natively support this by default?  What about Windows Media player (using windows 7) or Winamp?  Other than Sansa I have an original Ipod with Video 80 Gb media player.

2. Will I take a hit on battery life compared to a file encoded at the same mp3 or ogg bitrate vs 44.1 khz?  I know that “ogg is a hog” when it comes to battery life.

3. I am not an expert on media, but am I correct in assuming that this would have no relevant effect on IDtag data?

Thanks…