Pitch bug on Clip+?

@tapeworm wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

I’m not sure what a flagship product for SanDisk might be, but I would guess that the Clip has been one of SanDisk’s best-selling DAPs and one of the best regarded. 

No doubt the Clip has been a very popular and high volume-selling unit, but the Fuze since it’s inception (e200 series re-designed) has always been regarded as SanDisk’s flagship model. It’s got all the bells & whistles.

I never would have purchased my Fuze if not for having already experienced the Clip.  If I had not already owned some Clips, I never would have purchased a Fuze. Concept repeated in the hope it will register with people.

Before having owned the Clip, my concept of the Fuze was “overpriced ‘sell-up’ equivalent to the e200” – and since I already owned several e200 models, why bother?  I already had essentially the same feature set, at a lower price.

But, after using the Clip for a while, and REALLY enjoying the esthetics (the compact size, light weight, thin form factor – “elegant minimalism”), I realized that I would not mind having a player that was not all that much larger than the Clip (and even thinner!), that gave me an SD slot, and, equally if not more important, the ability to watch videos.

When I looked into things, and saw that the Fuze also offered an improved (over the e200) video player AND other features (folder browsing and so forth), that clinched the deal.

But I never would have bothered to DO the research that resulted in my seeing those advantages had not my appetite been whetted by my experience with the Clip.