Pitch bug on Clip+?

@icsterm wrote:
You got that right. This time, it’s R.I.P for the old clip, i’m selling it as soon as the Clip+ comes to Europe stores. Too bad Sansa can’t fix the issue on both devices, i bet they use the same CPU unit, most of the components are the same. They just don’t care. 

So you are going to buy the Clip+?  Why would you do that? By buying the new one, you are approving Sandisk’s action of ignoring this problem on the Clip.

To slotmonsta

Thanks for the update.

I like all 3 of my Sansa players.

@slotmonsta wrote:

All,

The SanDisk Firmware developers are aware of this issue and a fix is in the works for the Sansa Fuze and the Sansa Clip+. At this time due to development targeted on the Clip+, firmware for the original Clip is not currently under development. This may change in the future as time permits.

wavydavy,

All of the posts copy and pasting the same response simply are not necessary. If you continue to post these messages you will be ban from posting on this forum. This is your one and only warning. All of your duplicate posts will be deleted. You have gotten your point across and we would like to thank you for your contributions.  

Forum Admin

slotmonsta  

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 09-13-2009 02:46 PM

Well, that’s just flat out unacceptable.  Sansa has just lost another loyal customer.

Just when did this forum turn into a nursery?

[If it turns out it does not have the problem, not only will I not get this new Clip but I will immediately sell the old one as well, as I don’t give my business to companies that do this.]

[I agree with you completely.The lack of resolution of the pitch problem on the original Clip is totally unacceptable. I will not buy another Sansa product until the Original Clips pitch problem is fixed.]

[This is unacceptable.]

[So Sansa, how much longer is this problem going to be ignored?  I don’t plan to stop bumping this thread until we finally get a concrete answer.]

[It’s only through the efforts of people like us, that there is any chance Sansa will fix this serious design defect.]

[Until then, bumping the relevant pitch/speed threads on the Clip and Clip+ forums is the only way to warn folks about the problem until it is resolved.]

[Well, you just lost a customer.  I will also make sure to tell anyone I know to avoid Sansa products in the future.  This sort of behavior is reprehensible nd I will not give business to companies who do this.]

[Well, that’s just flat out unacceptable.  Sansa has just lost another loyal customer.]

Just when exactly did this forum turn into a nursery?

Yep, the speed/Pitch problem is a real disappointment.

Sansa, When will you learn?

When you’re willing to learn(see above cartoon).

Except that, isn’t it great that SanDisk is looking into the issue!  (And actually, things are better with the Clip+ than the Clip, possibly because people called the issue to SanDisk’s attention.)

The solution is quite simple.  I’ve worked for major manufacturing concerns for the better part of my life and the only thing they listen to is sales.  These whines & repetitive threads and posts will do N-O-T-H-I-NG.

Do the talking with your pocketbook; not the forum.

I’m quite disappointed in Sandisk’s handling of this issue.  Not of the perceived problem…But letting these rants go on and on.

I’m a mod at another manufacturers website and these kinds of threads would immediately be killed there, and the posters would be banned for life…

So be it.  It’s Sandisk’s forum, not mine…

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

I’m quite disappointed in Sandisk’s handling of this issue.  Not of the perceived problem…But letting these rants go on and on.

…

You hang around here and complain a lot about other people’s posts considering that (according to one of your posts) you’ve moved on from Sansas.  That seems like not just whining, but pointless whining.

Message Edited by donp on 09-17-2009 09:05 PM

Okay, what’s going on in here?  Yes, there has been a delay in implementing a pitch correction for the Clip.  Yes, there has been some confusion concerning the Clip versus the Clip+ regarding firmware releases.

On the other hand, the no’s:

No, you aren’t being ignored.  No, not everyone is involved in the same individual projects (thus the confusion).  And no, we don’t want to insult you by “locking” your concerns, as long as the information remains constructive.

Just remember to keep it civil, and refrain from duplicate posts.

µsansa

SO, microsansa (and welcome back to the party!):

Although this really deals with the original Clip but since you mention the confusion issue above, is it possible for SanDisk please to commit to a pitch fix for the original Clip as well, and to produce at least a final original Clip firmware incorporating the nifty firmware advances of the Clip+ (folder view/navigation, ReplayGain capability, current/next track info., increased song title, etc. scroll speed, among them)?  

If it’s a time issue for a firmware developer, I would be happy to stop by and provide him/her with a lunch or 2, to save some development time.  Any McDonald’s preferences?

:wink:

It would be sweet to see the original Clip go out on the highest of notes.  And that would build tremendous good will with the original Clip customer base, as you may have seen in the forums, maybe ultimately leading to each person later going out and buying a Clip+.

Oh, and by the way:  sweet pooch there!

@donp wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

…

You hang around here and complain a lot about other people’s posts considering that (according to one of your posts) you’ve moved on from Sansas.  That seems like not just whining, but pointless whining.

Message Edited by donp on 09-17-2009 09:05 PM

Ha Ha… The “perfect” isn’ so “perfect” anymore…I was Sansa-less for awhile…but I guess you were asleep when I mentioned that I recently purchased a Clip+.  And not only that, I’m very pleased with the product in every respect.

I know you like to be the fourm “police” and monitor everyone’s slight mis-statements; but you are flat wrong on this one…

You just made my day…Ha, Ha, Ha…

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@donp wrote:

Ha Ha… The “perfect” isn’ so “perfect” anymore…I was Sansa-less for awhile…but I guess you were asleep when I mentioned that I recently purchased a Clip+.  And not only that, I’m very pleased with the product in every respect.

I know you like to be the fourm “police” and monitor everyone’s slight mis-statements; but you are flat wrong on this one…

Apologies for not being up to the minute on all details of your life.  I plead guilty to not being a stalker.  SO maybe you’re whining with little point instead of no point.

I may point out misstatements, like when the “Don’t complain!” people were denying the pitch bug existed at all, or claiming that NO  consumer grade gear will play in tune (oh, that  was you!)  You just chime in with “Don’t say that!  I work in  production and we don’t care what our customers think!”   

Maybe you can let us know what companies, in your experience working there, have that attitude so we can vote with our pocketbooks as you suggest.

I think that approach makes as much sense as swatting a dog the day after he pees on the rug.  It hurts him, but he’s got no freaking idea why you did it and it won’t teach him what you want.  But you claim it’s the only language your company will listen to, so let us know. 

@donp wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@donp wrote:

Apologies for not being up to the minute on all details of your life.  I plead guilty to not being a stalker.  SO maybe you’re whining with little point instead of no point.

I may point out misstatements, like when the “Don’t complain!” people were denying the pitch bug existed at all, or claiming that NO  consumer grade gear will play in tune (oh, that  was you!)  You just chime in with “Don’t say that!  I work in  production and we don’t care what our customers think!”   

Maybe you can let us know what companies, in your experience working there, have that attitude so we can vote with our pocketbooks as you suggest.

I think that approach makes as much sense as swatting a dog the day after he pees on the rug.  It hurts him, but he’s got no freaking idea why you did it and it won’t teach him what you want.  But you claim it’s the only language your company will listen to, so let us know. 

In all due respect, I find almost all of your posts mean spirited or going out of your way to make a particular poster look bad.

I’m way past the point in my life to care what you or others think of me.

I will continue to speak my mind, and frankly I don’t care if you approve or not.

@microsansa wrote:

Okay, what’s going on in here?  Yes, there has been a delay in implementing a pitch correction for the Clip. 

I thought I read a post from another SanDisk employee, within the last week, that firmware development for the Clip had ceased?

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@donp wrote:

In all due respect, I find almost all of your posts mean spirited or going out of your way to make a particular poster look bad.

I’m way past the point in my life to care what you or others think of me.

I will continue to speak my mind, and frankly I don’t care if you approve or not.

Talk about a laugh!  Just a suggestion… take a look at your posts for the last month, or 2, or 6, or 12, and note what percentage are either putting someone down for making a post, or giving kudos to someone else for doing the same.   

IN how many of those do you use logic any stronger than (in so many words) “I know a lot of musicians and we don’t care about xxx, so shut up!”  or “I’m in manufacturing, and we don’t care what customers say, so shut up!” or “If you want it any better, use professional gear, so shut up!” ???

As you note, a number of my posts address misstatements, but I don’t try to suppress whole topics like some prohibition activist preaching in a saloon.

C’mon now… if you really have no interest in gapless playback or pitch errors, what kind of posts do you expect to find in threads with those titles?  Why go there except to put down those posts you can expect to see?   You want to speak your mind, but apparently what’s on your mind mostly is not wanting others to.

I also see posts on my list with constructive answers to people’s questions about other software for tagging, transferring, etc.

I can understand if you’re shy about the name of your manufacturing company.  Even if they don’t care what their customers think, they may not want the customers to know that.

Message Edited by donp on 09-18-2009 10:44 AM

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming …

:wink:

And perhaps hearing back from microsansa as to the inquiries above.