Pitch bug on Clip+?

WD, as a contributor here, I appreciate your issue, concern and frustration.  I truly wish SanDisk would respond (on this and other issues–ignoring one’s consumers is never a good policy, it seems to me).

However, and with all due respect, your multiple postings across numerous threads is tiresome, and unfortunately and unwarrantedly wastes my time.  A single thread is more than sufficient.  Would you please limit yourself, so as not to consume my own time?  Many thanks–

Miikerman,

Yes, I agree that it’s tiresome Sansa won’t fix the problem without lots of customer complaints.

If you don’t have something constructive to add to this subject, why bother posting here?

Skip it and move on to something that interests you more.

You think I want to read your complaints about people who care about product quality enough to write in this forum about it?

Why would you discourage people from posting about this problem, instead of just skipping the threads about the pitch/speed problem, if it is of no interest to you, hmmmmmmm?

Clearly this is a serious issue for those who care about listening to music at the same pitch/speed as it was originally recorded.

This should not be considered an unreasonable or controversial request in this digital age, when all other inexpensive playback devices can do this.

And if you need to hear it from other Sansa users who care, check out this thread.

Because of it Sansa finally addressed the problem on the Fuze.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=11835&view=by\_date\_ascending&page=1

All it takes for badly made products to flood the market is for consumers to say nothing. 

Keep up the good work, all you other good folks helping to keep the pitch/speed problem at the top of the Clip forums :wink:.

It’s only through the efforts of people like us, that there is any chance Sansa will fix this serious design defect.

If nothing else, we can warn new or potential owners so they can return these products before it’s to late.

Keep up the good fight, never give up! :smiley:

Like it or not, Sandisk appears to be fixing this in stages. The pitch error on the Fuze and Clip+ is only around 1/3 of what it was on the Clip when it first came out. I expect further decreases in the pitch error over time, however they don’t seem to want to fix it completely in one step.

@wavydavy wrote:

Miikerman,

Yes, I agree that it’s tiresome Sansa won’t fix the problem without lots of customer complaints.

If you don’t have something constructive to add to this subject, why bother posting here?

Skip it and move on to something that interests you more.

You think I want to read your complaints about people who care about product quality enough to write in this forum about it?

Why would you discourage people from posting about this problem, instead of just skipping the threads about the pitch/speed problem, if it is of no interest to you, hmmmmmmm?

Clearly this is a serious issue for those who care about listening to music at the same pitch/speed as it was originally recorded.

This should not be considered an unreasonable or controversial request in this digital age, when all other inexpensive playback devices can do this.

And if you need to hear it from other Sansa users who care, check out this thread.

Because of it Sansa finally addressed the problem on the Fuze.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=11835&view=by\_date\_ascending&page=1

All it takes for badly made products to flood the market is for consumers to say nothing. 

Keep up the good work, all you other good folks helping to keep the pitch/speed problem at the top of the Clip forums :wink:.

It’s only through the efforts of people like us, that there is any chance Sansa will fix this serious design defect.

If nothing else, we can warn new or potential owners so they can return these products before it’s to late.

Keep up the good fight, never give up! :smiley:

Unfortunately, by ignoring others with your multiple posts and including polite requests such as the above–one thread by you is sufficient–you are engaging in spam.  That only is hurting your issue and is going to result in your being labeled a spammer. No one is asking you to stop raising the issue–rather, just to not spam about it.

Asking others to ignore your posts is putting the cart before the horse.  Moreover, people check the threads to see if there is anything new; merely finding your dupicative posts, time after time and in many different threads, is a waste of others’ time, and an abuse of others.

They will never fix it until they think it will affect their bottom line.

This is an unacceptable problem, so it is up to us consumers to let them know we care.

Audiophiles, musicians and other music lovers, Keep posting until they get the message.

Also, don’t forget to post to other music device and audio forums about this pitch/speed defect.

Being the bearer of bad news will make you unpopular with some on this forum.

Don’t let them discourage you, by calling you names.

Quitters never win.

Never give up!

Great.  As I said, fine, bring it to their attention–please do.  But in one thread and not in a spam attack of multiple threads and posts, intruding on others’ valuable time.  And, I’m outta here.

Bring it to their attention via calls to their support telephone number.  They’re forced to spend money and time answering those. 

All you’re doing by posting your complaints over and over again is to annoy other users.  SanDisk is ignoring your posts, and your posts don’t cost the company anything.

Great, we agree,

I will continue to bring this problem to the attention of forum users in this thread in the Clip Plus forum,

and in the “Clip plays music slowly, lower pitch.” thread on the Clip forum.

And you will continue to skip past my posts.

That way all newcomers will be warned.

Would be a lot easier if they would make the pitch/speed problem a sticky in both forums…

Sansa won’t fix the problem without lots of customer complaints.

You think I want to read complaints about people who care about product quality enough to write in this forum about it?

No, I don’t, so I skip over them, easy.

Again I ask…

Why are you so interested in silencing voices of dissent?

Why would you discourage people from posting about this problem by labeling there posts spam, hmmmmmmm?

Skipping over a post/poster your not interested in is much less difficult than your complaining makes it sound.

Now quit spamming me with your anti complaint, complaints and do something constructive.

Don’t you know your discouragement only makes me stronger, Mu, Ha, Ha, ha, ha… :stuck_out_tongue:

Never Give Up!!!

Wow! Ralph Nader Jr.!

All,

The SanDisk Firmware developers are aware of this issue and a fix is in the works for the Sansa Fuze and the Sansa Clip+. At this time due to development targeted on the Clip+, firmware for the original Clip is not currently under development. This may change in the future as time permits.

wavydavy,

All of the posts copy and pasting the same response simply are not necessary. If you continue to post these messages you will be ban from posting on this forum. This is your one and only warning. All of your duplicate posts will be deleted. You have gotten your point across and we would like to thank you for your contributions.  

Forum Admin

slotmonsta  

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 09-13-2009 02:46 PM

Thanks for the response Slotmonsta.

Please make the pitch/speed issue a sticky.

Until then, bumping the relevant pitch/speed threads on the Clip and Clip+ forums is the only way to warn folks about the problem until it is resolved.

It is important information for music students, musicians and others that would be affected.

To conceal this problem would be dishonest.

In light of your response, I will avoid multiple posts.

Please keep us informed about progress in addressing this problem.

Wavy

Message Edited by wavydavy on 09-13-2009 03:55 PM

@slotmonsta wrote:

All,

The SanDisk Firmware developers are aware of this issue and a fix is in the works for the Sansa Fuze and the Sansa Clip+. At this time due to development targeted on the Clip+, firmware for the original Clip is not currently under development. This may change in the future as time permits.

wavydavy,

All of the posts copy and pasting the same response simply are not necessary. If you continue to post these messages you will be ban from posting on this forum. This is your one and only warning. All of your duplicate posts will be deleted. You have gotten your point across and we would like to thank you for your contributions.  

Forum Admin

slotmonsta  

Thank you for the response.  Now we have a concrete answer we can refer to.

So it’s EXACTLY like how I predicted.  The new Clip is out, and the problems of the old one are just tossed aside.  Sure it says that it “may change in the future” but that’s code for “You can forget about new firmware coming out for the original Clip.”

Well, you just lost a customer.  I will also make sure to tell anyone I know to avoid Sansa products in the future.  This sort of behavior is reprehensible and I will not give business to companies who do this.

But again, thank you for the prompt reply.  I no longer have to wait pointlessly for a firmware update.  I can now sell my Clip and purchase a player from one of your competitors who actually cares about it’s existing consumer base and won’t cease support on products because a new version of the same product is coming out.

You got that right. This time, it’s R.I.P for the old clip, i’m selling it as soon as the Clip+ comes to Europe stores. Too bad Sansa can’t fix the issue on both devices, i bet they use the same CPU unit, most of the components are the same. They just don’t care. 

@icsterm wrote:
You got that right. This time, it’s R.I.P for the old clip, i’m selling it as soon as the Clip+ comes to Europe stores. Too bad Sansa can’t fix the issue on both devices, i bet they use the same CPU unit, most of the components are the same. They just don’t care. 

So you are going to buy the Clip+?  Why would you do that? By buying the new one, you are approving Sandisk’s action of ignoring this problem on the Clip.

To slotmonsta

Thanks for the update.

I like all 3 of my Sansa players.

@slotmonsta wrote:

All,

wavydavy,

Forum Admin

slotmonsta  

Well, that’s just flat out unacceptable.  Sansa has just lost another loyal customer.

Just when did this forum turn into a nursery?

[If it turns out it does not have the problem, not only will I not get this new Clip but I will immediately sell the old one as well, as I don’t give my business to companies that do this.]

[I agree with you completely.The lack of resolution of the pitch problem on the original Clip is totally unacceptable. I will not buy another Sansa product until the Original Clips pitch problem is fixed.]

[This is unacceptable.]

[So Sansa, how much longer is this problem going to be ignored?  I don’t plan to stop bumping this thread until we finally get a concrete answer.]

[It’s only through the efforts of people like us, that there is any chance Sansa will fix this serious design defect.]

[Until then, bumping the relevant pitch/speed threads on the Clip and Clip+ forums is the only way to warn folks about the problem until it is resolved.]

[Well, you just lost a customer.  I will also make sure to tell anyone I know to avoid Sansa products in the future.  This sort of behavior is reprehensible nd I will not give business to companies who do this.]

[Well, that’s just flat out unacceptable.  Sansa has just lost another loyal customer.]

Just when exactly did this forum turn into a nursery?

Yep, the speed/Pitch problem is a real disappointment.

Sansa, When will you learn?