PARTS! Or shall we say, "spares"?

It’s been a while since touching the subject of spare parts for the Clip.

It’s been a quiet month or so.  Please note the dry breeze and passing tumbleweeds.

Are there any plans to make Clip clips (multiple colors, three that I know of) and headphones, even USB pigtails, available?

It’s kind of pitiful that we have to use aftermarket bits chould something succumb to daily use.

My daughter has killed two OE headphones, running about.  They do have decent bass response, compared to the Sony buds she’s tried.  I gave her the originals from my first Clip.

And I am sure that I’m not the only one to note cracked clips.

Bob  (ready for spares)  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 04-16-2008 07:50 AM

I should send you my earbuds, as I can’t use them (I have “defective” ears that lack the little shelf on the lobe, so I’m sentenced to full-sized headphones).  I must have 4 or 5 sets of buds laying around that came with various audio products.

But back to the point, I agree, spare parts would be nice.  If nothing else, I’d purchase a spare USB pigtail to keep at the office. 

I think there’s a definite market for spares, as our sansas work out there in the real world. The convenience of being able to replace broken bits reduces warranty claims and makes for happy customers. I think it should be part of the Sansa Store.

Perhaps SanDisk Corporation will like the idea! I know I do.

Bob :wink:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 04-16-2008 06:16 PM

If you have cracked clips, I guess they’re covered by warranty and you would get new players?

Skullcandy makes headphones in colors that will complement the clip; black, red, blue.  Target carries the modest priced ones at $15 and the sound is pretty darn amazing compared to anything else I have tried in the $30 range.

@miikerman wrote:
If you have cracked clips, I guess they’re covered by warranty and you would get new players?

Ha! I thought you had written “cracked lips” the first time I read your post. That’s an interesting dilemma. I am confident that the Clips are arriving at the warehouse with one Clip clip each. I foresee a need for handy replacement clips, as popping one in a mailer is an ubsurdly simple way to rectify a problem.

All you need is spare clips to ship.

Okay then!

How about a Dr. Seuss moment?

Clip clips

Arrive on ships

Chipped Clip clips, mean your Clip slips!

Slip shipped clips to fix the Clips

What a mix!

Call sansafix.   He ships your clips for you to fix.

Slip your Clip clips

and make the fix.

Turn on your Clip, open your chips!

Sit and listen to your new mix.

Poetic, no? I had better run home and eat. I’m getting a bit buggy.

Cheers!

Bob :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 04-16-2008 06:28 PM

I’m not using my Clip clip as a real clip. I’ve attached one of those clips that has a retractable cord on it to the Clip clip and use *that* clip to clip the Clip to my pocket.

See what you started, Bob?  

@audiobookfan wrote:

I’m not using my Clip clip as a real clip. I’ve attached one of those clips that has a retractable cord on it to the Clip clip and use *that* clip to clip the Clip to my pocket.

Can you provide a link to the clip you use with your Clip?

It’s like this, but I removed the actual keyring part. I snapped the plastic loop around the Clip’s clip. I also have the Clip in the little cover you can buy for it. I forget the name that it’s called. The clip goes through a slit on the back and then I have the keyring-clip attached to it: 

http://cgi.ebay.com/RETRACTABLE-REEL-KEY-ID-BADGE-HOLDER-BELT-CLIP-CHAIN\_W0QQitemZ200215877660QQihZ010QQcategoryZ3297QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I got mine at a employee trade show. Your local hardware store or locksmith should have them, or something like it.  

I use two means of public transit to get to work each day. I find that I have to put my audiobooks on hold numerous times as I board and disembark  each time. Also as the subway enters and exits a tunnel, or if I see someone along the walk to my office that I want to greet. So, rather than having to unclip the Clip to get to the operating buttons, I can just grab the Clip and pull it up to where I can see it clearly and push the hold button.