Organizing playlists?

Is there a way to organize playlists so they don’t all appear in one list under Music->Playlists?

I’ve made up a lot of playlists and I’d like to break up the list, if I can.  But I don’t see how–the Clip+ finds them wherever they are and adds them all to the one basic list.

Not sure I understand your question - but I’ll give it a try.

Can easily make small PlayList from big ones in Windows Media Player - or vice-versa.   Then synch (from WMP) to Clip+.  Clip+ shows all PlayLists under its Music Menu.

Can also organize by Folders or Genres (retagging required) but the above is a really simple operation.  Clip and WMP work very well together.

Clip+ shows all PlayLists under its Music Menu.

That’s the problem.  Suppose I have 50 playlists–is there any way to avoid having to pan through the entire set of them every time?  Is there a way I could show just those playlists within one folder, say?

Using the Genre and Album tags won’t work, by the way, because the Clip+ indexing system breaks them down by Artist, which I don’t want.  It would be nice if I could tell the Clip+ not to do that.

@dmcg wrote:

That’s the problem.  Suppose I have 50 playlists–is there any way to avoid having to pan through the entire set of them every time?  Is there a way I could show just those playlists within one folder, say?

This is the way it is supposed to work, and is the easiest, most logical way. Some would question the point of having 50 different playlists and just say eliminate some if you don’t want to wade through that many to find the one you want at the moment.

What I think you’re looking for is to organize them a bit futher by having a few (or several) within different folders, rather than just one (Music). Undortunately, there’s not a way to do this per say, but with Folder navigation on the Clip+, you could create individual playlist folders.

Instead of going to the Playlist menu on the player, you’d go to Folders (last entry in the Music menu) and search out your ‘group’ playlist folders. Inside you’d have your various playlists. Might not be the most direct route, but it might be a work-around to get what you want. :smiley:

Some would question the point of having 50 different playlists and just say eliminate some if you don’t want to wade through that many

To return to the original question: is there a way to organize playlists?  The answer seems to be “no.”

I bet this is going to be more of an issue as the 16GB chip becomes more popular.