Only charge the clip with 5V?

charged fine on my PC. UG sez an adaptor can be used (not included).  Used one of my cell adaptors 110V and now the thing is dead.  My last sansa charged off 110V.  Does this one not? Same issue with the View (I just bought one of those too).

If so, sure would be nice if the docs called this out clearly cause this is the first thing I’ve bought that wouldn’t charge off a standard 110. Thx

You can charge the Clip using its USB cable to plug into a USB 2.0 wall charger.

Thats why you should only charge it with ths USB cable to be safe or take the chance of ruining it by charging it by using the AC way.

and I don’t think this is covered by the warranty. You’d be lucky if they don’t open it to inspect it.

AC charging “is approved” by SanDisk, both in the Clip user manual and through its reps.

Hi.i can charge clip this charger?

charge from pc is very very slow(3-4hour)

thanx

Hi.I can charge clip this charger?

[img=http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4672/dsc02582cr4.jpg]
[img=http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4672/dsc02582cr4.ae83372fde.jpg]

charge from pc is very very slow(3-4hour)

Hi.I can charge clip this AC charger?

output: DC 5V , 1.2A

charge from pc is very very slow(3hour)

thanx

Message Edited by venerea on 08-19-2008 07:00 AM

Message Edited by venerea on 08-19-2008 07:01 AM

A normal USB port on a computer is 5V and 500ma (.5 amps).  All USB wall charges will be 5V but they will vary in power (amps).  Many put out 1 amp.  The higher the amps, the faster the battery will charge.  However, you don’t want to get too carried away and fry your battery.  I have a 1 amp charger and it works fine with both the Clip and Fuze.  I’d be a little leary of going higher than 1 amp as that’s already double the power of normal USB port.

As I understand matters, an amperage greater than that needed by the player is irrelevant–it won’t “fry” the player and only means that the extra capability is not being utilized (but could be by another electronic device using the adapter).  Thus, no fears with a higher amperage.  As completely distinct from voltage.

And 3-4 hours charging via USB is normal.

@miikerman wrote:

As I understand matters, an amperage greater than that needed by the player is irrelevant–it won’t “fry” the player and only means that the extra capability is not being utilized (but could be by another electronic device using the adapter).  Thus, no fears with a higher amperage.  As completely distinct from voltage.

And 3-4 hours charging via USB is normal.

Are you sure about that?  I’ve noticed when charging on my 1 amp wall charger the battery gets much hotter then when charging on the computer.  Wouldn’t higher amps increase the heat even more, possibly to a dangerous level?  

Not an engineer here, but my understanding is that amperage relates to how much current the device draws from the adapter; the higher the amperage rating on the adapter, the more current that can be drawn by different devices.  The device, however, will only draw the current at the level that it needs.  As such, a higher adapter amperage will not affect the device (completely distinct from voltage!)–it’s a reflection of what the adapter is capable of delivering.

I haven’t noticed a heat issue with my 1 amp AC charger. 

Engineer here, and the device sets the charging current itself,  so no worries.

Message Edited by sansafix on 08-21-2008 08:38 AM

Cool.  Good to know.