Not in correct place and all chapters don.t show up

When I download a audiobook to my Sansa It ends up under ’ Play All ’ or ‘Playlists’ instead of ‘Audiobooks’. Also not all of the chapters of the book are found and the chapters are not in sequential order. What am I doing wrong and how can I organize my audiobooks and songs in there proper order.

Sounds like they’re going into the Music folder instead of the Audiobooks folder. You should be able to connect to your computer, open up Windows Explorer, find the book folder and drag & drop it into the Audiobooks folder. Make sure the Audiobooks folder is ‘beside’ the Music folder, not within it.

If the files are ‘tagged’ properly (which may not be the case), they should list in sequestial order. If not, you have some tag-editing to do. Browse around here or use the Search function; there is no shortage of threads/posts explaining the how’s, why’s & wherefore’s of this particularly as it pertains to audiobooks.

On the external MicroSd, Should the Audiobooks folder be after the music folder or beside it?

My 32gb MicroSd card has:

Music->Audiobooks

on the player itself it is :

Audiobooks:

Music:

When I reformat and install a blank, empty card it puts the folders in the above order.

If I recall correctly (sorry, my player is not nearby), in the last order you show above–i.e., so that Audiobooks is not a sub of Music, under Windows Explorer.

If I recall correctly (sorry, my player is not nearby), in the last order you show above–i.e., so that Audiobooks is not a sub of Music, under Explorer.

In the player itself it’s

Audiobooks:

Music:

But in the SD card it’s:

Music:->Audiobooks

That is Audiobooks is a subdirectory of Music.

The reason that I ask is that audiobooks are handled differently than music files. It could explain why I can’t load all the audiobooks, if the player “thinks” that they are some sort of music files. I have 30GB of them.

Can you just create, via your computer attached to the Clip, your own Audiobooks folder at the same level of the Music folder on your card?  (Or just move the current folder there.)  Although I don’t know that this will fix the original issue (but easy enough ro try).  

@dodadthingy wrote:

In the player itself it’s

Audiobooks:

Music:

But in the SD card it’s:

Music:->Audiobooks

That is Audiobooks is a subdirectory of Music.

The reason that I ask is that audiobooks are handled differently than music files. It could explain why I can’t load all the audiobooks, if the player “thinks” that they are some sort of music files. I have 30GB of them.

I recently put some music files into the Audiobooks folder on one of my memory cards, so as not to have that music mixed in with all the rest when using Shuffle Mode. Yes, the Audiobooks folder was in the Music folder. Guess what? The player would not see or play them.

As soon as I moved the AudioBooks folder out of the Music folder so it was in the root directory along with the Music folder, Voila (as they say), they now are seen and played perfectly.