No more High setting in music volume?

Thank you summerlove, i would have sent my clip+ back if it wasn’t for your post. Thank you so much!  :smiley:

PS

1.000.000.000 curses on all lawyers. 

Sorry–it ain’t the lawyers, it’s the EU legislators doing what they think they need to do to protect ears.

Yeah, you don’t want to end up like this guy, do you?

Low-Tech? Definitely.

Discreet? Hardly.

:smileyvery-happy:

Problem solve thanks to the users that shared their experience and thoughts.Hope its not too late.

Summerlove Thank you sooooooooooooo much for the reset option. You have just saved me and my wife having to replace our 8Gb Clip +. It was driving us made, we use then on the bus to drown out the others and we couldn’t do it with these. You are a star :smileyvery-happy:

Hello! I have a problem with sound also. My problem is that although I have followed the advice and reset and choosen another option than Europe, now my problem is that whenever I turn up even to normal/semi high sound levels the music starts to gap and disappears throughout the songs, like if it was censored or something whenever it reaches over a certain sound level. and believe me the sound level where this does not happen is extremely low. Could this be something wrong with the hardware or have they changed something in the latest firmwares? Thank you x

If high volume causes the amplifier to cut out, your player or headphones are probably damaged.  

Ok I see. Well it was bought yesterday and have been the same from the start so it must be some manufacturing error then. I have tried many different headphones without much difference.

thanks

Might also be something with the files themselves. If they were ripped from CD’s a lot of those are being recorded too hot and could be exhibiting ‘clipping’. Where did you get the files? It might also be that they were ripped at an extremely low bit-rate, sufficient for audio books, but terrible for music.

Tapeworm I do not think that is the problem in this case. the rips are of a good quality and seems to work flawlessly when listened to in other music players as well as computer. these gaps are more like irregular but regular gaps, meaning they appear many times during the songs, but not necessarily in the same places.

but I appreciate your input in any case!

Maybe not. I believe you said you updated the firmware, didn’t you? If not, I would do that. Also, formatting the player sometimes resolves strange and un-explained phenomenon. Of course, you’ll have to re-load your content afterwards, but if it fixes it, it will be worth the time spent.

You can use the Format feature in Settings > System Settings.

Yes I did update the firmware and also tried formatting the player but with no success unfortunately. I don’t know what to try next.

Thanks for the tips though

I suggest that you return it or exchange it while you still can.  It may just be a defective unit.

Could it be that the songs are in a format or were ripped using a riprate that the Clip doesn’t like? What is the format and riprate of some of the songs? (I doubt that this could be the issue, but stranger things have happened.)

@babbababba wrote:

Yes I did update the firmware and also tried formatting the player but with no success unfortunately. I don’t know what to try next.

What exactly do you mean no success? You were unsuccessful in formatting the player, or some files are still playing erratically?

Like I said before, audio randomly cutting out probably means theres a short connection somewhere or a burned out transistor.  I don’t think formatting or updating the firmware is going to fix that.  

@saratoga wrote:

Like I said before, audio randomly cutting out probably means theres a short connection somewhere or a burned out transistor.  I don’t think formatting or updating the firmware is going to fix that.  

Quite possibly not. But it’s the only things one can try before declaring it defective and returning it.

@babbababba wrote:

Ok I see. Well it was bought yesterday and have been the same from the start so it must be some manufacturing error then. I have tried many different headphones without much difference.

thanks

Try pushing in the headphone plug some more, even if you think it’s already all the way in. These players have a notoriously tight jack when new, and not having the plug all the way in can cause the problem you describe.

1 Like

@gwk1967 wrote:

@babbababba wrote:

thanks

Try pushing in the headphone plug some more, even if you think it’s already all the way in. These players have a notoriously tight jack when new, and not having the plug all the way in can cause the problem you describe.

Ah, that’s right! Been so long since anybody mentioned this, I’d forgotten about it.

Great suggestion George!

Thanks for the tip!

FYI, selecting “North America” did not work either; had to select “Rest of World”. :smiley: