No Track/file name display

Hi,

Just Got a new Clip+ the  other day.Most of my tracks display no information when playing.I can see the volume bar ,repeat symbol,battery charge indicator etc .I.E The screen is working fine it’s just not showing up any of the track name,album & artists .also when I select music>Album or Artists the only “file names?” listed are labeled ‘I CO’ ? when I click on a ‘I CO’ one of my tracks begins to play.

Maybe this has something to do with me not tagging ‘artist’ names etc?.But I’m loading mp3’s in exactly the same  method that I use with my Clip V2 & that always displayed the ‘file’ name even if the artists/album was 'unknown.

How does the clip+ read the track information? surely if their is no ID3 tag info it should still display the file name?

Also The clip+ charge time did not last as long as my clip V2 .As soon as I got the clip+ I charged it.In fact I left it charging over night ,approx 10 hours.It ran out of juice approx after 8 hours of constant playing 128-320 mp3’s . Quite a few hoiurs less than my 1 year old clip V2?.

Thanks for any help

I do have the lastest firmware installed.

Message Edited by IB1 on 07-30-2010 01:08 PM

Message Edited by IB1 on 07-30-2010 01:22 PM

I’m not sure why the Clip would default to the folder and file names when the Clip+ can’t.  Perhaps the files were in the audiobooks or podcasts folders, or had the genre ID3 tag set to that, in which case the player will do so?  Do note that the Clip+ (and original Clip) will not do this for files stored elsewhere or without the Audiobook or Podcast genre ID3 tag.

Having said that, keep in mind that the Clip+ (and not the Clip) offers a folder view, in which you can browse your files by folders rather than a database compilation.  This is under the Music option, towards the bottom. 

The best solution for you is, fill in your ID3 tags.  That way, you will get the full benefit of the player (and this has become the indistry norm).  A good (and free) tag editor:  MP3Tag, available on the web.

Ok thanks for the help.

What I did was completely remove all Tag info from the tracks using foobar & then all the file names began showing up fine in the clip+ display :slight_smile: .

I then re-tagged a few tracks & they are now showing up all the relavent ID3 Tag info on the clip+ display :slight_smile: .

Seems that some Tag info somewhere was causing the ‘Glitch’ .

That browse folder option is a sweet adition .

Anyway Track Display problem solved .

Any info on the less battery power on the Clip+ relative to the Clip V2 I have.Do the Batterys get better capacity after a few chargers ? and thats why the first clip+ charge was comparatively less than the well used and charged Clip V2?.

IB1 wrote:

Any info on the less battery power on the Clip+ relative to the Clip V2 I have.Do the Batterys get better capacity after a few chargers ? and thats why the first clip+ charge was comparatively less than the well used and charged Clip V2?.

The Cip+ has a slightly smaller battery as the room is needed for the card slot & mechanism. Plus because of this external memory card capability, it uses a little more juice. The general concenusis that the Clip+'s battery life is not quite wht the orginal Clip’s was; in fact some are claiming only half as much. I’ve never had a Clip to compare it with, but the last time I timed my Clip+ I got 11 solid hours and I was playing FLAC files at 70 - 90% volume. I think slotmonsta (admin) said he used his on a 10 hour trans-Atlantic flight with 320kpbs .mp3’s and it lasted the entire trip with some to spare.

It’s possible it will get better with a few charge & drain cycles under its belt, or your results may have been affected by the fact that it’s a new toy and you were playing with the controls kepping the backlight on more than what you used to do with your Clip?

IB1 wrote:

The Clip+ has a slightly smaller battery as the room is needed for the card slot & mechanism. Plus because of this external memory card capability, it uses a little more juice. The general consensus that the Clip+'s battery life is not quite what the original Clip’s was; in fact some are claiming only half as much. I’ve never had a Clip to compare it with, but the last time I timed my Clip+ I got 11 solid hours and I was playing FLAC files at 70 - 90% volume. I think slotmonsta (admin) said he used his on a 10 hour trans-atlantic flight with 320kpbs .mp3’s and it lasted the entire trip with some to spare.

It’s possible it will get better with a few charge & drain cycles under its belt, or your results may have been affected by the fact that it’s a new toy and you were playing with the controls keeping the backlight on more than what you used to do with your Clip?

IB1 wrote:

The Clip+ has a slightly smaller battery as the room is needed for the card slot & mechanism. Plus because of this external memory card capability, it uses a little more juice. The general consensus that the Clip+'s battery life is not quite what the original Clip’s was; in fact some are claiming only half as much. I’ve never had a Clip to compare it with, but the last time I timed my Clip+ I got 11 solid hours and I was playing FLAC files at 70 - 90% volume. I think slotmonsta (admin) said he used his on a 10 hour plane filght with 320kpbs .mp3’s and it lasted the entire trip with some to spare.

It’s possible it will get better with a few charge & drain cycles under its belt, or your results may have been affected by the fact that it’s a new toy and you were playing with the controls keeping the backlight on more than what you used to do with your Clip?