New User - Help Needed Please.

“CD’s copied onto notebook.”

Open Windows Media Player, which is on your pc. Click on tools, options, and on the rip music tab, choose mp3 for the format, rip cd automatically, eject CD after ripping. on the audio quality slider, I suggest choosing 256 kbps, It will say uses around 115 MB per cd. Choose apply, then choose okay.  If you don’t see tools, then look for a small box in the lower right hand cornner of the screen with three dots and a small arrow in it, and click on it.

Next put an audio CD in the CD drive of the computer. after a few minutes the CD will eject, and you mp3 files are ready. They will be in a folder for the disc the Documents/music folder. Use Windows Explorer copy and paste to paste the folder containing the album of mp3 files to your player. Before copying the songs to the player, I suggest you format the player using the player’s menu to get rid of the sample files on the player(settings, system settings, format), and set the usb mode of the player to MSC(settings, system settings, usb mode, MSC).

MSC mode treats the player like a removable drive. The drawback to MSC mode though is that it doesn’t support protected files. MTP mode supports protected files(which would also need to be transferred to the player using Windos Media player or other suitable media player). I suggest avoiding MTP mode on the player, unless you must use protected files.