New Sansa Clip + Refurb - sound problem

I recently purchased a Sansa Clip + refurb from eBay and although it looks in great condition, there is a problem with the sound.

It’s as if you only hear some of the instruments, like certain layers of the sounds. Definitely not a problem with the files (tried mp3 128, 320, wma and FLAC) but all have the same playback problem. I have tried 3 different headphones that work fine with other devices so it’s not the headphones either. Tried a firmware update, format, installed RockBox, tried everything!

I thought it could be a loose jack but i have tried wiggling the headphone cable and twisting it but it makes no difference. The headphone fits into the player fine and it’s pressed in as far it will go. I’m getting sound through both left and right headphones, just only hearing some of the music.

I have opened the player up and the headphone jack barely moves. Could the jack be faulty? Is it possible to replace it? If so, do i need a specific headphone jack or anything that has 3 pins? Do SanDisk sell the headphone jacks? (longshot i know)

The seller has no more in stock and has give me a refund and told me i can keep it so i can’t replace it but is there anything i can try to fix it as i really wanted to try usng this legendary MP3 player.

i have issues with a recent Fuze+ I had but one of the issues I had was that any headphones plugged in sounded bad … .like (it’s been a few days and i am going by memory) a loose connection or something … when the plug was in say “80 to 90%” of the way it was fine, but all the way in it was like I was listening to someone else play music over an old telephone …

I know this is an old post but if the OP (or anyone else) has this issue I sprayed a tiny bit (without going overboard but not being able to control the pressure) of electrical contact cleaner in the jack and let it dry, drain out (if there was extra CC in there) and at least that problem is fixed and hasn’t come back.