New Computer - Won't Transfer Files

I could always just do drag and drop for my mp3 files from my old Windows 7 computer onto my Sansa Clip.  Just installed a new WIndows 7 computer, and when I try to transfer files to it they just hold up forever before finally coming back with a "Cannot copy xxx.mp3   The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected" message. 

Device still says it's connected, and it's recognized by the computer.  What's up?

SanDisk Guru

Re: New Computer - Won't Transfer Files

[ Edited ]

Go to Settings/System Settings/USB and try MSC or MTP. Auto Detect might be acting up.  

Also try a different USB port and a different cord if you have one. 

If you still have your old computer, make sure it still works--or it might be the cord.

Does the new computer have different security settings? That could be making a difference. 

SanDisk Guru

If you are using a desktop pc, are you using a real usb port? Some front USB ports don't give enough power for the player. If you are using a notebook computer, plug in the computer to power first before attaching the player. 

Some notebooks go into low poer mode/USB1 mode when running on battery power to conserve power. Plug the player directly into the usb port, not through hubs or usb extension cables. Try using a different usb cable.

SanDisk Guru

That should say rear USB port.