NetLibrary/Overdrive/Other Audiobook Users (not Audible)

If you use NetLibrary, Overdrive or other audiobook services that do not use the Audible format and the time does not display properly (hours do not increment).  Please go to this thread and make note of your issue.  The current stance by Sandisk is that the Clip doesn’t support files over hour (they will play but the time will not be accurate).  If you are having this issue and would like it fixed, please post a brief comment such as “I have this problem too” in the thread referenced.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=31

SIBION

from the thread you linked it looks like this question has already been answered and sandisk is working on a fix. no need to post mulitple threads.

Message Edited by drlucky on 10-30-2007 02:46 PM

I’m having a different problem with overdrive. I bought the clip primarily for audiobooks. My library uses the overdrive console for audiobook downloads. The console does not successfully transfer files to the clip regardless of size. Instead I get an error message. I’ve tried their sample 15 second clip as well as a book I was trying to transfer. I’m using the latest overdrive software and deleted and reinstalled it. According to Overdrive, if a player won’t work with their software it’s a device issue. I know a lot of people use overdrive downloads. Does anyone know if there’s a planned fix for this?

How do you get your player to not start your NetLibrary file (audiobook) over when you turn it off.  When I fastforward OR when I turn my player off - it starts over at the beginning.

I too purchased the new Clip primarily for audio books.  I have downloaded a book from Net/Library and have opened and listened to the file on my computer using WMP11 as NetLibrary says you must do to get the license.  When trying to sync using WMP11 I get the message: “The device does not support sychronization of subscription content”.  When trying to use Windows Explorer to copy file to the Clip I get the message: “The file xxxxxxx.wma could not be copied.  A problem has occured in obtaining the device’s certificate.  Make sure the device is not busy and try again.”  Which I have tried numerous times.

Any suggestions?  Your assistance will be appreciated!

Please unplug the clip and use the devices Format command

navigate to settings>  Format > Yes

This will correct the certificate problem.

Of course you have to download the content to the device again

Thanks, that works!

Will using the format command impact the audible function of the clip? I was told to do that for my iriver t10 and it hasn’t played audible since.

danshe wrote:
Will using the format command impact the audible function of the clip? I was told to do that for my iriver t10 and it hasn’t played audible since.

it should have no effect on audible compatibility

I had the same problem. I contacted the netlibrary administrator via e-mail. They said to go to the settings menu. Page down to Format and press enter. After reformatting I was able to download the books after this but you will lose the previously synced content and will have to re sync (copy) your songs.

Duke927 wrote:

I had the same problem. I contacted the netlibrary administrator via e-mail. They said to go to the settings menu. Page down to Format and press enter. After reformatting I was able to download the books after this but you will lose the previously synced content and will have to re sync (copy) your songs.

yes you will have to resync all your content. formatting erases all data.