Nearly free substitute Clip clip, after rebate

Cute, but not sure how it repaces my broken Clip+ clip. I’d need to loop a necklace through it and have it hanging, is that the idea?

Yep–no clip here, but rather a “hanger” for a carabiner, lanyard, etc  Someone with a broken clip reported gluing an ACCO fastener to the back of his Clip, to get clip functionality back–looks and sounds nice.  (Discussed, with a pic, here and at the anythingbutipod.com forum.)

Miikerman, have you received your $10 rebate yet? It’s been over 8 weeks and I haven’t. Just curious, thanks. 

Nothing yet, unfortunately, and am feeling frustrated.  Emailed the company a few weeks ago and was told, nicely enough, “we’re working on it.”  But still nothing yet.  Am watching it carefully, although, what can one do?   :frowning:

Nothing yet, unfortunately, and am feeling frustrated.  Emailed the company a few weeks ago and was told, nicely enough, “we’re working on it.”  But still nothing yet.  Am watching it carefully, although, what can one do?      And, sorry that I recommended this deal to others . . . . my apologies.

No, no, apologies are not required. It’s a good product and they did say wait between 8 to 10 weeks for the rebate. I’m still within that window for another week.  I’m sure they’ll come through. (smile).

still no word on my rebate though a past correspondence with the rebate support stated that my rebate card was sent out. though there is no indication of this on the status page. i’m filing a BBB complaint which has worked for me in the past when the rebate center handling Antec rebates went belly up.

Waiting as well–have been told, “We’re working on it . . . .”  

This is an email response I received 11/14/12: 

"It’s not resolved yet. We are working on getting payment details finished.
As a startup company we are waiting on payment from retailers so we can pay
the rebate company. Sorry for the delays.

We have a two week schedule we are working to."

Steve Calle
Snow Lizard Products

Thanks for the update–you’ve received more info. than me (I just get told, we’re a startup and we’re working on it; and no timetable is provided).  If there really is a connection to the retailers, who actually do have money,. things may be do-able.  But really, 4 months?  

Here’s the email I received on 9/24/2012 when I asked about the status. Lies.

“4MyRebateSnowlizard” <snowlizard at help.4myrebate.com

Thanks for your email.

Yes it was sent out. If you have not received your AMEX reward card, please contact 1-800-297-7327 to request a re-issue. Please have your card?s confirmation number located on your rebate status page.

You’ve done better than me.  I was approved 4-1/2 months ago and still waiting to receive, as SnowLizards gets its $ act together.   :frowning:

On checking yet again, was just told this past week that the rebate process had been lined up and that rebates would start rolling out within 2 weeks.  So, I guess, mid-December, 3 months or so late?  (Hmmm, you would think that the process would have been set up prior to offering the rebates, and the funding sources then arranged . . . .)  

@miikerman wrote:

On checking yet again, was just told this past week that the rebate process had been lined up and that rebates would start rolling out within 2 weeks.  So, I guess, mid-December, 3 months or so late?  (Hmmm, you would think that the process would have been set up prior to offering the rebates, and the funding sources then arranged . . . .)  

The main reason I do not get excited about nor trust rebate offers. Except the “instant” or POS (Point Of Sale) kind. :wink:

This is the exception to the rule, I’ve found; it’s a start-up, trying to get its act in gear (which it should have done before).  It’s rare that I have any rebate issues, and I love the Staples system where most are completed totally on-line with nothing to mail in.  Ah, well . . . .

I’ll believe them when my rebate is in my hands. In the meantime they pulled the bait & switch on us. BTW, my BBB inquiry was never responded to by these crooks.

I’ve been told that they’ve started funding the rebates and that people should start receiving them, as the rebates continue to be funded.  Of course, that’s not the way it’s supposed to work–more than 3 months late, and dribbling out.  It doesn’t appear to me that the company is fly-by-night; but rather, they’re a start-up that did the rebate to attract business, but without the adequate capital or ability to handle it and relying on the current and/or future sales to fund the rebates when logistically, matters were more complicated and prolonged than the company had expected–leaving the consumer in the lurch, of course.

But like you, I’ll believe it when  I have a cashed rebate check in the bank.

And, full rebate _ finally received _, 6 months after having been mailed in.  Hopefully, others are starting to receive their rebates as well (it likely is an early in, early out processing of the rebates, as the company sends in the money to fund it all).  Just good to see that the company did not go out of business . . . . 

Again, my apology for recommending the product and its rebate.  

got mine too today.

Great to hear that you received yours as well–and sorry for my earlier recommendation and all this ridiculous hassle. I guess the good news is, the company still is around to pay the rebates . . . .