My sansa clip wont turn on!

My sansa clip wont turn on, unless it’s plugged into my computer, it will show that it’s charging but when I unplug it it wont turn on. I’ve tried resetting it but that didn’t work, help.

i have the  same problem. i can get it work while hooked up on the USB but when i remove it, it says “disconnected” and does nothing. help

If it’s the original Clip (and not the Clip+), there were many who had defective solder joints on the leads to the battery. It can be fixed, but you have to take the casing apart, which can be tricky to do w/o damaging it. Check the anythingbutipod forums; there’s a post/tutorial complete with pictures on how to do it.

Before you open the player up, are you still within the warranty period (1 year in the U.S., 2 years in the EU)?  If so, contact SanDisk for a warranty replacement (you may need your receipt, to show that you’re still within the warranty period). 

In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.

You otherwise might want to speak with the Customer Service people to see what they can troubleshoot.

@guitargator wrote:

i have the  same problem. i can get it work while hooked up on the USB but when i remove it, it says “disconnected” and does nothing. help

And did you also try resetting the player?

If that doesn’t work, you may want to use your computer to check the player for errors, and to fix them.  (When connected to your computer, right click on the player drive and choose Properties, and then choose error-checking under the Tools tab (Windows 7).)

You also could try reformatting the player from its Settings menu (if you can get there) or from your computer (again, right click on the drive and then choose the format option)–that often can fix things.  Note, however, that this will delete your player’s content–but you could transfer it back to your computer before reformatting.

@guitargator wrote:

And did you also try resetting the player?

If that doesn’t work, you may want to use your computer to check the player for errors, and to fix them. (When connected to your computer, right click on the player drive and choose Properties, and then choose error-checking under the Tools tab (Windows 7).)

You also could try reformatting the player from its Settings menu (if you can get there) or from your computer (again, right click on the drive and then choose the format option)–that often can fix things. Note, however, that this will delete your player’s content–but you could transfer it back to your computer before reformatting.