My Sansa will not turn on

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but I have read the srting on Sansa Clip+ not turning on. I bought my Clip+ a couple of weeks ago and had it shipped to me in Dubai. After some initial frustration with loading playlists I got to using it and have found the unit very easy to manage.

However today my clip+ turned itself off during my workout (so I didn't get to see if the screen said anything) I don't know if the unit gives any "low battery" warning so I assumed that it had just run out of charge. I have had the unit on charge for about 2 hours now and it still will not turn on even while still plugged into my PC. I have tried re-setting it without any luck. I am not sure how I can send it back to the States under warranty so I am hoping someone out there will have some further suggestions.

Re: My Sansa clip+ won't turn on what so ever

I tried to restart my clip+ but it didn't work. I also been charging it but still nothing... what will i do. Pls help.. tnx

i have a problem turning on my clip+. i tried holding the stop button for 30 secs but still wont turn on.. what will i do? pls help... thanks...

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Remember, after holding the power button for 20-30 secs, you must release the button . . . then press it agian momentarily to turn it on.

Thanks for the advise on how to re-start the Clip.  Mine just turned off by itself in the middle of a song.  I held down the power button for 30 seconds and it came back on once I hit the button again. 

I had also read where others had said walk away for a few days.  I was sceptical but now I am a believer.  My Sansa was down and out for a week.  I ordered another one. I picked up the old one and flipped the switch and it lit up.  Amazing, after a week. Of course, it needed a charge but that worked as well.  i now have a backup.   Don't toss it yet. 

SanDisk Guru

It's amazing in this day and age, but every Clip seems to come with gremlins . . . .

I had the same experience however did not buy a new one. It stopped and seemed completely dead and not rechargeable using the usb connection. Pressing the on/of button for at least 30 seconds made it come alive again albeit with a lo battery, but immediately capable of charging on my laptop or in my car.

By the way I start to use it more and more as a car audio source.

Question: the audio quality with the original earphones is just great. How t bring that quality into the car audio system? The car audio system itself is a good one and not a limiting factor.

William from Holland

SanDisk Guru

Miikerman wrote:

It's amazing in this day and age, but every Clip seems to come with gremlins . . . .

I think it's more a case of the opposite myself. Smiley Tongue

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

wimbuijs wrote:

Question: the audio quality with the original earphones is just great. How t bring that quality into the car audio system? The car audio system itself is a good one and not a limiting factor.

It depends largely on how you are connecting it to your car's stereo system. Remember, these little thing put out milli-watts of power and are perfect to drive small earbuds, or even in many cases full-size headphones. They are not however,designed (nor have the capability) to adequately power several large speakers in a car's system and compensate for road and/or wind noise and still sound good. It's like entering a VW bug or Mini Cooper in a pulling contest against a monster 4X4 truck and expecting the wee ones to perform the same.

So in playing through your car's stereo system, it must have a clean and direct connection to where the stereo's amplification system will help it out. A USB port is best, an AUX IN jack second and FM transmitter or cassette adaptor distant thrid and fourth.