Re: My Sansa clip+ won't turn on what so ever

This is my second San Disk, and this is a constant repeatable issue. I will NEVER buy again from SanDisk. It always seems to fail when I' ve charged it and all seems cool...then I go out and I'm have way through my run...and it goes dead.

The second one same same. It may very well restart again after I leave it "useless" for a day or two...but I plan to buy something else and preach how bad these are!!

SanDisk Guru

Have you tried charging it with a cell phone charger? How old is the player? After around 2 or so years of heavy use the battery will wear out.

please help it got washedSmiley Sad

it wont work

SanDisk Guru

NiNiMorgan wrote:

please help it got washedSmiley Sad

CAUTION: Let it dry completely before attempting to turn it on!!!

Shake as much water out of it as possible. Then place it in a sealed container of a drying agent, such as a silicone desiccant or even plain, dry white rice (No Uncle Ben's) in a warm area for a week. Yes, I said a week. I would change out the rice once or twice during that time to keep the area as dry as possible, allowing for the most moisture absorption.

I got a sansa around the end of April and it had been working great for a while. Then about a month ago I was playing it and it started to paused even though I had it on play. So I turned it off (which a took a little longer than usual I might) and tried to turn it back on and it wasn't working. I've done the hold it down method and connected it up to my computer, neither worked and it's still off (and when I plugged it in the computer, it labled it as "Unknown" and told me I had to format the disk to play it and that didn't work either). I need help.

SanDisk Guru

SudrianStudios wrote:

I got a sansa around the end of April and it had been working great for a while. Then about a month ago I was playing it and it started to paused even though I had it on play. So I turned it off (which a took a little longer than usual I might) and tried to turn it back on and it wasn't working. I've done the hold it down method and connected it up to my computer, neither worked and it's still off (and when I plugged it in the computer, it labled it as "Unknown" and told me I had to format the disk to play it and that didn't work either). I need help.

Are you referring to a reset? Are you doing it correctly? You need to hold the power button for 20-30 seconds (although in extreme cases it may take up to a minute or more), release the button, then press it again momentarily to start it up. Don't do this while connected to your computer. If it starts up normally, then try plugging it into your computer ands see what happens. It should be recognized.

I've tried that and it hasn't worked.

Wow Thanks, it's Xmas time and i wanted to put my Xmas music on it, i thought i was going to have to use my Sansa Fuze that have my workout music on it, and i hate using my cell phone for the car outlet, so thanks so much the the original ? and the right on point answer... 11-19-12

[ Edited ]

I got my sansa clip+ a week ago. Used it for 30mins the day after, then I tried turning it on a couple days after that and it wouldn't turn on. I reset it as suggested and it worked fine for 1 workout, then I tried turning it on again two days after that (which is today) and again it didn't turn on. Reset for a second time and it works fine for now, but my question is should I be worried and ask for a replacement? Basically I've used it 2 times for 30 mins and it needed a reset after each use..Not sure how many resets I should wait for before considering it faulty..The battery seems almost full after the reset, so I'm not sure what's causing it. If I use it for 1-2 mins I can turn it on and off fine, it seems that a decent use of 30mins with prolonged offtime might be causing something?