My Sansa clip+ won't turn on what so ever

"From a functionality perspective, the advantage of the Jam is the battery capacity. "

Except that the Sport has the same functionality as the Jam, so if someone wants the most battery life, then they should get the Sport.

Just created an account to say thanks to the answer to the OP’s question- as I just had this exact thing happen- picked my clip plus up at lunch and it wouldn’t turn on- was scouring the internet for a replacement, but they are so hard to get hold of now! (I still swear by Rockbox for all my Audiobook consumption)! This fixed it! So pleased!

Please help my clip won’t turn on at all (battery fully charged)

I did the hard reset but nothing happened, still blank won’t start

I did connected to PC and it recognized the player (charging)

I still can see all my files and get the menu too

Need support please…

Thanks

And so, your player won’t turn on at all on its own, and only will turn on when connected to your computer?  How about if you attach another external power source, such as a portable charger or a wall AC-USB adapter, to the player?

I’m wondering if it’s a detached lead to the player’s internal battery–this was an issue with some of the original Clips.  If so, you could try carefully prying the player’s case open and reconnecting the lead, using conductive glue or soldering. 

correct Mikerman …

1. If I connect to PC it’s on and show the status connecting

2. If I use wall AC USB it’s on too and show the menu (I can erase, format or reset etc)

Open the case already on my mind but… HOW ??? lol

Can you tell the steps ?

Thanks.

OK finally I did open the clip.

You right Mikerman, the wire off from the internal battery (red and blue)

They are 3 spot ( - , N , + )

(-) is black

(N) is Blue ?

(+) is Red ?

Am I correct ? Sansa Clip Open.jpg

Good to hear that you were able to identify the issue–congratulations!

I’ve never taken apart my Clips before, but I think that you are right as to which wire is which.  But I would be sure, needless-to-say. 

To help, I found the following thread of someone taking an original Clip apart, to replace the battery–the wires are as you thought.  I assume that the wires are the same for the Clip+, but you can search at the anythingbutipod community forum for other threads to confirm, as well as to see what other people did to fix a wire or do a battery replacement.

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55110

Good work, and good luck!

And here’s another posting I found, but also of the original Clip, showing pictures of the insides, including with the wire arrangement you figured.

http://anythingbutipod.com/2007/11/sandisk-sansa-clip-disassembled/

I know that I likewise have seen threads of people taking the Clip apart, including prying the case open with a guitar pic or credit card.  Either at the forum at anythingbutipod.com or at rockbox.org.

And, the Clip+ disassembled.

http://anythingbutipod.com/2009/08/sandisk-sansa-clip-plus-disassembly/

it’s working now like a charm :slight_smile:

thanks Mikerman

Great to hear!    :)     And so, did you re-solder the battery lead back on?

I did… and it works normal now :slight_smile:

Congratulations, again–and with your solder job!    :slight_smile:

I’ve had my Clip since 2012, give or take a few months. It has worked great, but now I think it is dead. Yesterday, I put in a 16 GB SD card and connected the player to my soundbar. It played well, shuffling songs. When I turned off the soundbar I thought I also turned off the player. I came back a few hours later and my player was displaying “GOODBYE” on the screen. When I tried to restart the player it never came back on. I held down the START button for over 30 seconds, but nothing happened. I connected the player to a charger for a few hours, again, nothing. I connected the player to my PC, but the PC said that it couldn’t recognize the player. When I tried to format the player I got a message that it couldn’t be formatted. Maybe when the player was showing me “GOODBYE” it really meant goodbye. So if anyone has a solution…

A player sometimes has come back to life after being left to charge connected to an AC power source.  I doubt that this would help here, but, hey, stranger things have happened . . . .

It’s dead. I mourn its demise.

@miikerman wrote:
Just a thought, but: are you holding the on button down long enough, to reset? It can take 20-30 seconds, or more. Also, you can try forcing a connection to your computer and see if that helps: with your Clip off and your holding the player’s center button down, connect the USB cable between your player and computer. Finally, people have reported that leaving your Clip plugged into the AC power supply (via a USB AC adapter) or your computer (if a laptop, try one of the back USB ports, which can be more powerful than the front) for a few days (not just hours) can trickle-charge the Clip’s circuitry so that you can start it. Good luck!

Thank you Miikerman. I had tried the reset procedure with no luck. Then I tried holding the center button down while plugging the Sansa Clip into the computer’s USB port and it came back to life! Once connected, I saw that the battery still had 73% charge.

It stopped playing after a playlist had ended, and just wouldn’t come back on again. Maybe it had heatstroke. I was using it in 97 degree weather while doing yard work.

Thank you again for your suggestions.

hey umm i just bought my mini clip yesterday and today it wont turn on what so ever i looked at all the pages and no luck

i also did all the things you all said but i just wont turn on what do i do

Hello i just bought a mini clip yester day and it worked fine but today it wont turn on and i tried all the things you all said on how to restart but with no luck what do i do ?

Thanks for the advice! The long button push ~20 seconds woke mine up too. Was scared for a minute there, as mine is only a month or two old!