My Sansa clip+ won't turn on what so ever

@bla3l0ch wrote:

@wilberfan wrote:

OK.  I’ve plugged it into my WIndows 7 box and it mounts as K:.  However, it tells me it needs to be formatted, but then fails the formatting when requested.  (“Windows was unable to complete the format.”) 

I’ve tried chkdsk from the command line, but that fails, too.  (“The type of the file system is RAW.  CHKDSk is not available for RAW drives.”)

I’ve tried connecting via USB cable with and without holding the center button.  Same result in either case.

Under “Properties” it tells me it’s a “M200Plus”–for whatever that’s worth.

Dude, I have the EXACT same issue:  “M200Plus”, RAW, chkdsk won’t work, format doesn’t complete, etc.  Sometimes it will come on briefly, the flower logo shows up then nothing. Before this i got the error message not enough space & to format it, so i removed the SD card and the message went away but the device is still inoperable. Disk management says it’s 31 MB (was 8 GB).

I’ve tried everything i can think of short of taking it apart - it still has a charge so I want to tinker with it more. Did you find Saratoga?

I got distracted and haven’t gone on a Saratoga hunt yet, sorry.   I do take some small comfort, though, that I’m not the only one having this issue!   It gives me hope that maybe it’s come up before…and that there might be a solution out there, somewhere.  ;)

[edit]  Okay, I found him over in the Rockbox Forum, and have sent him a PM.  I’ll keep you advised!