My Sansa clip+ won't turn on what so ever

Thanks for reply.  I left it connected for about 1.5-2 hours. Tried to reset several times again, pressed on/off button for minute but nothing helps. 

I’d leave it connected overnight and see it that does anything. Are you using a computer or AC charger? If using a computer, are you sure the USB port is 2.0 and working properly? You might also try a different one just in case.

OK, i will leave it connected. Im using original usb charger, player is even recognized by computer. 

I kept getting a message to say that my sansa clip was full. (even though it isn’t) and now it won’t even turn on.  I have held the on button down for 20secs.  And also it is not registering with the computer even though my drivers are up to date.

Any ideas.

Regards

Jan minnis

^^^^^^ Either its dead and you can’t do anything or its just really frozen. If power won’t reboot it, unplug it and let it sit for a couple days. If the battery runs dead it might reboot.

@12jan123 wrote:

I kept getting a message to say that my sansa clip was full. (even though it isn’t) and now it won’t even turn on.

Was it a message that said “Not enough space for Music DB. Please free 8mb” or something to that effect? Despite the wording, it’s rarely a case of the player actually beiing full. There ia a SanDisk KnowledgeBase article on the subject:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/848/kw/not%20enough%20space%20for%20music

It’s probably FAT corruption. If you can get it connected again, you’ll probably have to fromat it.

Leaving it plugged for 2 days didn’t help :expressionless: I have to throw it away. 

Leave it alone for a few days, as Saratoga suggested. Believe it or not, this sometimes works.

And sometimes leaving it plugged in and not in use for a few days (2-3) can help–the trickle charge gets the player up and running again.

Dude. I don’t know if I’ve ever been so relieved. At first I held it for a minute I’m like “it’s not working…” so I let go of the button and sat there. And I decided to try again and it turned on right away!

So it will take 3-4 hours to fully charge? Man. But thank you SOO much for helping me!!! I’ve NEVER been happier!

About 3 hours to charge it–the battery icon on the player’s screen will show as full.

Congratulations!   :slight_smile:

thank you…my sansa clip would not turn on as well…i thought it was toast…ruined my day…almost threw it away…decided to check the web and it turned on after the suggestion…whew life saver,lol

I am having the same problem.  Was playing it earlier, turned it off, now it won’t come back on.  Tried the reset options multiple times and nada.   This seems like a recurring problem for this device.  

just wanted to add that my player would not reset until I removed the micro sd card. It reboots then put card back in no problem.

Interesting extra detail–thanks for the report!

Oh, thank goodness. I’ve had it for a year or two with no problems. I charged it overnight, then my kids messed with the computer, and it wouldn’t turn it on anymore. After I held the power button down, I had to do it again a couple times. It seems good now.

The power/reset button is a wonderful thing.   :slight_smile:

I have a sansa clip+. I have owned it less than a week.

It is recognized by the computer, I can add and remove songs. 

The screen never lights up, even when attached to the computer. I charged it all day yesterday on my desktop, but forgot to turn it off before I went to bed. So, charging it again today. Should I move to an A/C charger? I have one of those.

I have updated the firmware, and everything. Why is it not actually lighting up and powering on?

Call 1-866-SANDISK and get it replaced.

Have you removed the protective strip from the screen?