My Sansa clip+ won't turn on what so ever

Remember, after holding the power button for 20-30 secs, you must release the button . . . then press it agian momentarily to turn it on.

Thanks for the advise on how to re-start the Clip.  Mine just turned off by itself in the middle of a song.  I held down the power button for 30 seconds and it came back on once I hit the button again. 

I had also read where others had said walk away for a few days.  I was sceptical but now I am a believer.  My Sansa was down and out for a week.  I ordered another one. I picked up the old one and flipped the switch and it lit up.  Amazing, after a week. Of course, it needed a charge but that worked as well.  i now have a backup.   Don’t toss it yet. 

It’s amazing in this day and age, but every Clip seems to come with gremlins . . . .

I had the same experience however did not buy a new one. It stopped and seemed completely dead and not rechargeable using the usb connection. Pressing the on/of button for at least 30 seconds made it come alive again albeit with a lo battery, but immediately capable of charging on my laptop or in my car.

By the way I start to use it more and more as a car audio source.

Question: the audio quality with the original earphones is just great. How t bring that quality into the car audio system? The car audio system itself is a good one and not a limiting factor.

William from Holland

@miikerman wrote:

It’s amazing in this day and age, but every Clip seems to come with gremlins . . . .

I think it’s more a case of the opposite myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

@wimbuijs wrote:

Question: the audio quality with the original earphones is just great. How t bring that quality into the car audio system? The car audio system itself is a good one and not a limiting factor.

It depends largely on how you are connecting it to your car’s stereo system. Remember, these little thing put out _ milli-watts _ of power and are perfect to drive small earbuds, or even in many cases full-size headphones. They are _ not _ however,designed (nor have the capability) to adequately power several large speakers in a car’s system and compensate for road and/or wind noise and still sound good. It’s like entering a VW bug or Mini Cooper in a pulling contest against a monster 4X4 truck and expecting the wee ones to perform the same.

So in playing through your car’s stereo system, it must have a clean and direct connection to where the stereo’s amplification system will help it out. A USB port is best, an AUX IN jack second and FM transmitter or cassette adaptor distant thrid and fourth.

Ok. I just recieved my Sansa Clip+ Player today and it was working perfectly fine. Then all of the sudden, it just died. The battery was fully charged and everything. It just died. I’ve tried the soft reset and the regular reset and holding the middle button while plugging it into my computer. Nothing worked. 

I am still in the 1 year warranty, should I return it or try to fix it?

@mystic101 wrote:

I’ve tried the soft reset and the regular reset

Please explain in detail what you’ve done. As far as I know, there is only 1 reset procedure.

@mystic101 wrote:

I am still in the 1 year warranty, should I return it or try to fix it?

Why don’t you try calling Sandisk Tech Support. If they cannot get it going for you, they will authorize an RMA and get a new replacement on it’s way to you. Of course, you will have to send yours in first, so you may be without a player for a couple weeks.

Hi, I need your help. I have not used my clip zip for about 2 months. I guess the battery is completely dischurged but it’s not charging now (screen does not turns on). I tried to reset several times but it didn’t work. What should i do now?

How long have you left it connected to charge? If it’s really depleted, it may take a whle (several hours) before the screen will come on and start charging normally.

Thanks for reply.  I left it connected for about 1.5-2 hours. Tried to reset several times again, pressed on/off button for minute but nothing helps. 

I’d leave it connected overnight and see it that does anything. Are you using a computer or AC charger? If using a computer, are you sure the USB port is 2.0 and working properly? You might also try a different one just in case.

OK, i will leave it connected. Im using original usb charger, player is even recognized by computer. 

I kept getting a message to say that my sansa clip was full. (even though it isn’t) and now it won’t even turn on.  I have held the on button down for 20secs.  And also it is not registering with the computer even though my drivers are up to date.

Any ideas.

Regards

Jan minnis

^^^^^^ Either its dead and you can’t do anything or its just really frozen. If power won’t reboot it, unplug it and let it sit for a couple days. If the battery runs dead it might reboot.

@12jan123 wrote:

I kept getting a message to say that my sansa clip was full. (even though it isn’t) and now it won’t even turn on.

Was it a message that said “Not enough space for Music DB. Please free 8mb” or something to that effect? Despite the wording, it’s rarely a case of the player actually beiing full. There ia a SanDisk KnowledgeBase article on the subject:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/848/kw/not%20enough%20space%20for%20music

It’s probably FAT corruption. If you can get it connected again, you’ll probably have to fromat it.

Leaving it plugged for 2 days didn’t help :expressionless: I have to throw it away. 

Leave it alone for a few days, as Saratoga suggested. Believe it or not, this sometimes works.

And sometimes leaving it plugged in and not in use for a few days (2-3) can help–the trickle charge gets the player up and running again.