My Sansa clip+ won't turn on what so ever

Ha, ha, nevermind. I plugged my mp3 in this morning and it turned on. Apparently it had a low battery. But that doesn’t explain why it didn’t turn on the morning it quit and plugged it in. Maybe it did need to be reset or have a couple of days rest. But a low battery? It should have turned on and told me it was too low, shouldn’t it? Either way, I’m pretty sure more than a low battary did it, and that still doesn’t explain why songs disappear for no reason. I’ll go on the other post for that. Thank you for telling me how to reset my mp3, it really helped

Its possible to crash the clip so badly it won’t reset until the battery runs dead. In your case, it was actually still running the entire time, gradually draining the battery. When the battery finally drained, it powered off and reset itself. Thus, when you turned it on this time, it was reset and worked normally (aside from the low battery).

Ya mine just had that problem and resetting it worked just fine thanks.

This is my second San Disk, and this is a constant repeatable issue. I will NEVER buy again from SanDisk. It always seems to fail when I’ ve charged it and all seems cool…then I go out and I’m have way through my run…and it goes dead.

The second one same same. It may very well restart again after I leave it “useless” for a day or two…but I plan to buy something else and preach how bad these are!!

Have you tried charging it with a cell phone charger? How old is the player? After around 2 or so years of heavy use the battery will wear out.

please help it got washed:cry:

it wont work

@ninimorgan wrote:

please help it got washed:cry:

CAUTION: Let it dry completely before attempting to turn it on!!!

Shake as much water out of it as possible. Then place it in a sealed container of a drying agent, such as a silicone desiccant or even plain, dry white rice (No Uncle Ben’s) in a warm area for a week. Yes, I said a _ week _. I would change out the rice once or twice during that time to keep the area as dry as possible, allowing for the most moisture absorption.

I got a sansa around the end of April and it had been working great for a while. Then about a month ago I was playing it and it started to paused even though I had it on play. So I turned it off (which a took a little longer than usual I might) and tried to turn it back on and it wasn’t working. I’ve done the hold it down method and connected it up to my computer, neither worked and it’s still off (and when I plugged it in the computer, it labled it as “Unknown” and told me I had to format the disk to play it and that didn’t work either). I need help.

@sudrianstudios wrote:

I got a sansa around the end of April and it had been working great for a while. Then about a month ago I was playing it and it started to paused even though I had it on play. So I turned it off (which a took a little longer than usual I might) and tried to turn it back on and it wasn’t working. I’ve done the hold it down method and connected it up to my computer , neither worked and it’s still off (and when I plugged it in the computer, it labled it as “Unknown” and told me I had to format the disk to play it and that didn’t work either). I need help.

Are you referring to a reset? Are you doing it correctly? You need to hold the power button for 20-30 seconds (although in extreme cases it may take up to a minute or more), release the button, then press it again momentarily to start it up. Don’t do this while connected to your computer. If it starts up normally, then try plugging it into your computer ands see what happens. It should be recognized.

I’ve tried that and it hasn’t worked.

Wow Thanks, it’s Xmas time and i wanted to put my Xmas music on it, i thought i was going to have to use my Sansa Fuze that have my workout music on it, and i hate using my cell phone for the car outlet, so thanks so much the the original ? and the right on point answer… 11-19-12

I got my sansa clip+ a week ago. Used it for 30mins the day after, then I tried turning it on a couple days after that and it wouldn’t turn on. I reset it as suggested and it worked fine for 1 workout, then I tried turning it on again two days after that (which is today) and again it didn’t turn on. Reset for a second time and it works fine for now, but my question is should I be worried and ask for a replacement? Basically I’ve used it 2 times for 30 mins and it needed a reset after each use…Not sure how many resets I should wait for before considering it faulty…The battery seems almost full after the reset, so I’m not sure what’s causing it. If I use it for 1-2 mins I can turn it on and off fine, it seems that a decent use of 30mins with prolonged offtime might be causing something?

Hi,

I’m new to this forum but I have read the srting on Sansa Clip+ not turning on. I bought my Clip+ a couple of weeks ago and had it shipped to me in Dubai. After some initial frustration with loading playlists I got to using it and have found the unit very easy to manage.

However today my clip+ turned itself off during my workout (so I didn’t get to see if the screen said anything) I don’t know if the unit gives any “low battery” warning so I assumed that it had just run out of charge. I have had the unit on charge for about 2 hours now and it still will not turn on even while still plugged into my PC. I have tried re-setting it without any luck. I am not sure how I can send it back to the States under warranty so I am hoping someone out there will have some further suggestions.

I tried to restart my clip+ but it didn’t work. I also been charging it but still nothing… what will i do. Pls help… tnx

i have a problem turning on my clip+. i tried holding the stop button for 30 secs but still wont turn on… what will i do? pls help… thanks…

Remember, after holding the power button for 20-30 secs, you must release the button . . . then press it agian momentarily to turn it on.

Thanks for the advise on how to re-start the Clip.  Mine just turned off by itself in the middle of a song.  I held down the power button for 30 seconds and it came back on once I hit the button again. 

I had also read where others had said walk away for a few days.  I was sceptical but now I am a believer.  My Sansa was down and out for a week.  I ordered another one. I picked up the old one and flipped the switch and it lit up.  Amazing, after a week. Of course, it needed a charge but that worked as well.  i now have a backup.   Don’t toss it yet. 

It’s amazing in this day and age, but every Clip seems to come with gremlins . . . .