My Sansa clip+ won't turn on what so ever

It’s been less than a week since I bought the mp3. I take care of it, it’s been fine, never been dropped or touch by water. But earlier today when I’m charging it ( I was charging it with an AC adapter, I know it’s okay to charge my mp3 with it because the manual said so) , it suddenly stopped charging and wen’t completely off. When I try to turn it on it won’t turn on, then I connect it to the usb charger which connected to the computer it still won’t turn on nor it has the little “connected” icon, the screen was a complete blank. Nothing happen. So what should I do to get it to work again?

1 Like

Generally, the first thing to try in cases like this is to reset the player. Press and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds, then release it. Then press it again momentarily, and hopefully it will work as it should.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, you just made my night! It works now. Thank you so much :smiley:

1 Like

Hi,

I am experiencing the exact same problem however I have tried to reset the player multiple times and still there is no response. Does anyone know what else should be done? Thank you so much! This is my first time owning a Sansa.

1 Like

Just a thought, but: are you holding the on button down long enough, to reset? It can take 20-30 seconds, or more. Also, you can try forcing a connection to your computer and see if that helps: with your Clip off and your holding the player’s center button down, connect the USB cable between your player and computer. Finally, people have reported that leaving your Clip plugged into the AC power supply (via a USB AC adapter) or your computer (if a laptop, try one of the back USB ports, which can be more powerful than the front) for a few days (not just hours) can trickle-charge the Clip’s circuitry so that you can start it. Good luck!

1 Like

If the reset is not working for you nor the player turns on or got recognized by the computer. Then the player might be longer working properly. Contact the 866-SanDisk for a possilbe replacement if its still under warranty…

Each time a description of the change, there is always plenty to talk about around the world. They are not exempt. A statement usually is: "i have to change almost immediately versions, so do not expect me to date continue to attack …

I just had to register to thank you guys. Mine just turned off mid playing but wouldn’t power back on and my PC wouldn’t recognize it. I was freaking out cause I love my clip so much. Reset worked and allowed it to be recognized by my laptop. Haven’t tested playing it yet. Kinda nervous, but I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

keep your fingers positive back. just change your point if it is in still under warranty .go for the new one by replacing your defective disk. and they would like to know your location to let you know thier outlets. simple is that.

medium length hair styles

OMG!Got another answer.Thanks.

hi, i just bought a clip+ and it got here yesterday. i charged it, put songs in it, and i sleep at night with it. i had it on shuffle and it ran out of batteries in the morning, i tried plugging it in to the usb port to charge and its not turning on. its been almost an hour. does it need to charge more or is there some other trick i can do and is something wrong wtih it

Probably just need to reset it. Press and hold the power button for 20-30 secs. (if you have your earphones in, you can hear a very faint click when it resets). Release and see if it will start up normally.

Normally from a completely depleted battery state, it will take 3-4 hours to fully charge, but unless you slept an awfully long time, it shouldn’t run down overnight. You should get 10-13 hours use depending on the type of files you’re listening to.

4 Likes

Wow, thank you. That just worked.

I was so mad today when I went to ride and it wouldn’t turn on at all.

Thought I’d check the internet and see what they said.

Thanks again for the help.

Thank you all for “Resetting” ! But I think the main problem here is why is that happening? Like some others said, there was no physical damage to the player. It’s just been 1 week since I got my player and this is annoying. 

I reset my player for this time. What about the frequency? How many times should I ve to reset this player in a week?

There must be an explanation for this problem and I’m obsessed with finding it.

I’m going to share the problem. Be back Soon :smiley:

@celik78 wrote:

Thank you all for “Resetting” ! But I think the main problem here is why is that happening? Like some others said, there was no physical damage to the player. It’s just been 1 week since I got my player and this is annoying. 

I reset my player for this time. What about the frequency? How many times should I ve to reset this player in a week?

There must be an explanation for this problem and I’m obsessed with finding it.

I’m going to share the problem. Be back Soon :smiley:

It can be corrupted and/or bad files.  Sometimes a file becomes corrupted when it’s transfered to the player.  Or the player is just acting up for no apparent reason.

I wouldn’t be concerned about it unless it happens frequently.

Okay so ive had my mp3 for a few years now and it decided to stop working but not exactly. The only time it turns on is when i plug it up to the usb wire on my computer, but once i remove the wire it wont turn on at all. So how will i be able to reset if it wont turn on?

"Okay so ive had my mp3 for a few years now and it decided to stop working but not exactly. The only time it turns on is when i plug it up to the usb wire on my computer, but once i remove the wire it wont turn on at all. So how will i be able to reset if it wont turn on? "

Try deleting all the songs on your player(make sure you have copies of them on your pc first). Give it a long charge, or even better, try charging it with a cell phone charger or other AC usb charger.  See if the player will turn on when empty. If not, then either the battery wire detached(did you drop the player recently?) or the battery is worn out(has battery life been very short lately?).

@thecrimsonwitch wrote:
Okay so ive had my mp3 for a few years now and it decided to stop working but not exactly. The only time it turns on is when i plug it up to the usb wire on my computer, but once i remove the wire it wont turn on at all. So how will i be able to reset if it wont turn on?

If it’s one of the original Clips (round scroll wheel) it’s probably a broken battery terminal wire. This model was plagued with faulty solder joints that would sometimes just let go. if you’re handy with a soldering iron, you might be able to fix it, otherwise just get a new player; it’s done.

OMG:mansurprised:! I was so scared. My player would not turn. I came to this website and found it very helpful. 

Holding down the turn on button for 20-30 secs, did the trick. For a moment there I was really depressed…lol

1 Like