My Sansa Clip + don't react anymore !!!

Hi, i was on street listening mp3 with my Sansa Clip + and the music stop, i check in case it was low battery signal but no, nothing, i come home and put the usb on it to try recharging, nothing !! what is that ???

He didn’t fall or have any shock, worked perfect until one hour ago…

PS : i live in France, so customer service here ?..

Thank’s

Have you tried holding the power botton for about a minute?

Hi, i just tried now that do nothing… :cry:

Edit: that do nothing at the moment, but 2 min after i wanted to try again and when i just touched the power button it work again !!!

What was that ???

Thank’s  Jamieson :smiley:

I forgot to tell you that you have to cross your fingers for it to work  :smileyvery-happy:

:smileyvery-happy: but that mean what ? what happened to my Sansa ?

It was just a small glitch nothing worry about.

I think there is something to worry about.  I had the same problem on my Clip+.  The trouble is it kept happening more and more often as time went on.  Now, it plays for under ten minutes before it goes out, as if the battery is dead.  But the battery is not dead (97% charged).  There is definitely something wrong.

I have tried to update the firmware, but I can’t because it’s up to date. I have had it less than a month.  If I don’t resolve it somehow, it’s going back to the store.

@pmedeco wrote:

I think there is something to worry about.  I had the same problem on my Clip+.  The trouble is it kept happening more and more often as time went on.  Now, it plays for under ten minutes before it goes out, as if the battery is dead.  But the battery is not dead (97% charged).  There is definitely something wrong.

I have tried to update the firmware, but I can’t because it’s up to date. I have had it less than a month.  If I don’t resolve it somehow, it’s going back to the store.

I’m sorry to hear about your trouble with your CLip+. Do you need to charge it again once it turned off or can you just press the power button and it will turn back on? It is also possible that your Clip+ was set to shut down at a certain time. Can you check under System Settings > Sleep if it is enable.

Last step is reload the firmware. Here is the step on how to reload the Firmware manually.

If all steps fails, I would suggest that you do return it to the store.

I think it’s fair for a manufacturer ro ask a customer to try certain remedies.  But if the problem recurs again or especially more than one time, it certainly is time to re-contact the manufacturer and ask for a replacement. 

I do have to press the power button, but I have to keep pressing it for 15 seconds just to turn it back on.  In other words, it won’t power up unless I reset it. 

I carefully followed the instructions you guided me to and successfully reinstalled the firmware but my hope for solving the problem was immedialty dashed. As the music updated, the status bar lit up to the end but then the Clip+ crashed, going no further. Another series of resets followed with the same end result. 

Since I had previously reformatted the memory in the Clip+'s Settings before reinstalling the firmware, there should have been be no music to update. So I suspected that the reformatting did not work.  I reformatted again a few times, now with the newly reinstalled firmware, but no change.  So then I connected it to my PC and reformatted the memory externally.  That worked. The Clip+ got past updating the music. 

Feeling I was over the last hurdle, I re-loaded some music and it played.  Then it shut off after two songs, just under ten minutes, again. I added an 8G microSD card, loaded music, and the same thing happened.  The Clip+ stops. So I’m back to were I started from. 

PS. I had reset to factory settings and I verified the timer function was off.  I’m assuming that holding the power button down for 15 seconds is a soft reset.  Is there a way to hard reset the Clip+, or am I simply out of options?

I think it’s time to contact SanDisk for warranty service.

In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information, for other countries:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.

I really do appreciate your help.  Apart from this problem, I still love everything about the Clip+ and still recomend it highly. Thanks again.

Good luck, and keep us advised–

I have the same problem with a Clip I purchased about 8 months ago.  I returned it to the seller and they said it was fine and returned it to me.  It WAS fine, but then the problem occurred.  When I plug the USB in, the computer doesn’t recognise anything is attached - it doesn’t come up in the ‘My Computer’ list, if that makes sense.

I’ve tried holding down the power button for a few minutes but nothing happens.  Any other suggestions?

I would definitely take it back and make them replace it.  After all, every now and then there’s going to be a unit that has problems.  These things are made by machines after all and they are not infallible - every now and then there’s going to be a bad one just as with anything else.

Before calling SanDisk to return the Clip for a replacement (you have an at-least 1-year warranty), I’d try using different USB cables and different USB ports.  That sometimes can work.  And then a call to SanDisk customer service can walk you thorugh other possibilities to check.  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.