My Clip + is Dead :(

[ Edited ]

Hello,

yesterday i was listening to music as usual when suddenly my 'brain' turned off. Battery was something about 80%.

Now it wont turn on again. Even PC does not recognize the clip ( there is a bling sound when connecting but thats all. clip remains off - screen doesnt show connected icon ). I tried reseting at least 60 times in different time spares, holding power button 10 secs, 60sec and even more but nothing happened. Also connecting it to the PC in MSC mode (spelled well?) didnt work ( i held middle button and connected, also did multiple combinations). So i did everything + i checked that battery is well connected inside.

Please help me i cant imagine saturday without my brain Smiley Sad

SanDisk Guru

Re: My Clip + is Dead :(

Am not sure what's going on.  But sometimes leaving the player plugged into a power source for a day or two can cause the player to come back to life.  

well, second day and still nothing happening. im opened for all ideas

still nothing Smiley Sad

is there any other way to restet it?

SanDisk Guru

The only thing I can think of is to let the player sit for a week or more so that the battery drains completely.  It may seem dead but it's probably just in a frozen state with a dark screen.  Kind of like in a coma.  Then plug it into a power source and leave it connected for a couple of days and then see if it'll start up again.

How long have you had the player?  If you bought it new, you may be able to get a warranty replacement from Sandisk if you can't get it to working again.

thanks for advice. I got the clip half year ago, so i still can use warranty. I'll be patient than Smiley Wink

If it will come back to earth i'll let you know.

SanDisk Guru

Good to hear about the warranty, if you're forced to use it.  Hopefully, the drain and charge possibility noted above will work--it sometimes does.

But how is it that its supposed to discharge when its off??

I'm sure baterry is now 100% full. Even if clip still uses some energy it will take ages to totally discharge.

try installing the firmware.

I have had other players go deaad and revive when I reinsalled the firmware.

Might be worth a try:

Turn on the player with the power switch and hold the menu button firmly for 10 to 15 secs.I don't know why but that worked on mine!

Highlighted

重刷固件,或者按住电源键+middle键。