Music folder not populated on internal memory but is on external

I have 7 of 8 gigs filled on an 8GB clip+ - the music is there, plays etc, but in Windows Explorer the Music directory is empty - what’s with that?

On my external card, the music directory is populated very lightly but Media Player (latest) thinks it is full in sync setup; System Info correctly sees the space.

Thanks,

Sam

The windows explorer bug was resolved by the recent flash update; it now mounts as a single object in explorer then shows both internal and external folders.  The music is now displayed in internal as expected. 

I’ll test the sync issue when I get home.

SamAt wrote:

The windows explorer bug was resolved by the recent flash update; it now mounts as a single object in explorer then shows both internal and external folders.   The music is now displayed in internal as expected. 

This is because a firmware update reverts the system back to it’s default USB setting, MTP (or maybe Auto Defect, which is the same thing). In MSC mode, the player and card slot show in Explorer under Drives With Removable Storage as 2 separate drives with their own letter designation.

Files loaded in one USB mode are not viewable or accessible while the player is connected in the other mode. You must’ve transferred the songs in MTP, and then somehow it got switched to MSC mode, so you couldn’t see them. Sometimes this is done manually by accident, or by someone unfamiliar with the settings, but this can also happen without your knowledge by leaving the player set to Auto Defect mode. The reason I have my own little pet name for it is obvious now, isn’t it?. :wink:

SamAt wrote:

The windows explorer bug was resolved by the recent flash update; it now mounts as a single object in explorer then shows both internal and external folders.   The music is now displayed in internal as expected. 

This is because a firmware update reverts the system back to it’s default USB setting, MTP (or maybe Auto Defect, which is the same thing). In MSC mode, the player and card slot show in Explorer under Drives With Removable Storage as 2 separate drives with their own letter designation.

Files loaded in one USB mode are not viewable or accessible while the player is connected in the other mode. You must’ve transferred the songs in MTP, and then somehow it got switched to MSC mode, so you couldn’t see them. Sometimes this is done manually by accident, or by someone unfamiliar with the settings, but this can also happen without your knowledge by leaving the player set to Auto Defect mode. The reason I have my own little pet name for it is obvious now, isn’t it? :wink:

Hmm, that interesting- the usb transfer mode issue is odd to say the least; what is interesting is that the files are not visible even with both hidden and protected system files visible; a neat trick.  But, I was toggling through all 3 modes and things were definitely buggy. Since it also changed the presentation layer in Win Explorer so that it appeared as a single device rather than two, and fixed the sync bug in Media Player as well as making files visible I’m going to say it was a firmware bug fix.  That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! 

Thanks.