Highlighted

Mp3 files work WMA do not

I installed some MP3 files which work fine.  I then recorded some WMA files onto my 4 g Clip and only the MP3 files work.  The WMA files and the subfile title do not show up on the audiobook. 

I also recorded a WMA music file in my songs file.  The title of the song shows up but it does not play.  It only shows the title and the graphic line which does not move. 

Is there a problem? 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Mp3 files work WMA do not

Well, first of all You should know that SANSA CLIP supports WMA format files only with 32-160 Kb\s bitrate.

Also file must be encoded NOT IN WMA LOSSLESS format !

Good Luck !

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Incorrect ,  WMA is supported to 256k.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

I've even got some .wma files at 293 and 320 kbps and they play fine. Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

I checked and the file size should not be a problem.  Not sure what the problem is.

Do you have any problems with WAV files?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@M4808 wrote:

I installed some MP3 files which work fine.  I then recorded some WMA files onto my 4 g Clip and only the MP3 files work.  The WMA files and the subfile title do not show up on the audiobook. 

I also recorded a WMA music file in my songs file.  The title of the song shows up but it does not play.  It only shows the title and the graphic line which does not move. 

Is there a problem? 

That's strange...MP3, MP3 VBR, WMA, WMA VBR, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC.....all these play on both my Clip and Fuze. I have not tried WAV though Smiley Happy So something's not right. How recent is your firmware version?

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted

I just got the clip last week at Best Buy and I updated my WMP to version 11. 
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Maybe the files are not really WMA. If the file extension is set incorrectly, the Clip will show the file name but it won't play it. Did you create these files yourself?
----
Auto-generate folder playlists for the Clip: AutoM3U v1.1
Highlighted

No, the files were already created. 

I updated the firmware and still have the same issue.

Tried a  WAC file last night and it shows up on the computer but not on the Clip.  But, I tried downloading another MP3 and it worked so the unit works but only on MP3

Highlighted
SanDisk User

mediainfo.sourceforge.net

U should download this software.

Than install it, start the program and "drug n drop" media file into the program window