Missing Clip -WARNING FOR USERS

Just a warning to users I would SuperGlue the clip to the player to make sure it is never lost.

I have attempted to get a replacement clip through Customer Service Request ID 209893 since July 2008.

I was informed as a one time courtesy they were going to send one US postal service first class on July 11.

It never came.  I tried again & after many interactions another “one time replacement” was sent on August 27.

It too never came.  I called again today and they state they will send me one again on Dec 8.

I confirmed my address for the 3rd straight time.   My expectations are not too high.

Its sad.  I love the product but the customer service to get a 3 cent clip  is extremely disappointing.

Good Luck and SuperGlue your clip

You wouldn’t happen to be corresponding with Sansa by email?  I’m not sure if others will approve, but if you have a hard copy I’d love to see you post it on the forum.  I think I read a post last week that the 1-clip replacement policy had ended!!!

-Matt

Matt,

I don’t know if the policy has ended.  I know I have been told 3 times that a clip will be sent yet I have not received anything.

Below is a copy from the Sandisk online customer support under the address of customernation.com

Hi Max

Your accessory request was processed once again on 08/27/2008 and it will take 15 business days before you will receive your clip.

Best regards,
Kenneth K.
SanDisk RMA Department

Thanks Max!  Stupid me, I just reread your first message and now realize you CALLED the last time.  I thought if it was within a week or two, maybe the speculation about “no more free clips” was false.  Ah, but who knows?

But it may be a moot point…it sounds like your chain has been getting repeatedly pulled.  :angry:  

There is an element of self-interest.  When I got mine, I thought “someday I’ll call and get a clip”.  Now mine in fact is showing hairline cracks (though it’s holding up)…so I’m ACUTELY interested in whether you can snag one!

-Matt

I’m simply waiting for available replacement clips at a reasonable price, n’est-ce pas?

These wee things stand up to plenty of use, but like anything else, they can wear out.  The Clip has an ingenious breakaway design in the rear case, with a locking spring.

I’m not anxious to argue whose fault a missing or broken clip may be, just make the little monsters available!  If they’re reasonably priced, Bob’s your uncle.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

…like a rich, sugar-daddy type Uncle?  Or one with a pot-belly who smells like beer (think of Walter Matthau from Bad News Bears).

-Matt

I have my clip for 1 day, and the stupid clip is already lost. Does sandisk charge $$$ for the clip?

@mclovin24 wrote:
I have my clip for 1 day, and the stupid clip is already lost. Does sandisk charge $$$ for the clip?

Not yet, as they aren’t selling them. So you’d better start looking a little harder. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and I just gotta ask . . . Why did you take it off in the 1st place? :smileyvery-happy:

@tapeworm wrote:

@mclovin24 wrote:

Not yet, as they aren’t selling them. So you’d better start looking a little harder. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and I just gotta ask . . . Why did you take it off in the 1st place? :smileyvery-happy:

I wonder this too, and also, to those who have broken their clips off, how? Granted, I haven’t had mine that long, but it feels fairly tough to me :smiley:

Why can’t they just replace the PLASTIC oval part of the clip that comes into contact with the Clip with a METAL oval part?

I’d also be interested in a silicone cover with built in clip like the Creative Zen Nano Plus came with.  That way you can take the delicate Clip clip off and slip the Clip into it’s own cover/clip ensemble.  :smileyvery-happy:

@marvin_martian wrote:

I wonder this too, and also, to those who have broken their clips off, how? Granted, I haven’t had mine that long, but it feels fairly tough to me :smiley:

I think Bob has covered this in another thread (dang-blasted threads that repeat themselves…), but mine is a few months old and starting to show the typical sign:  near the spring, there is a hairline crack forming, parallel to the direction that the clip lifts and clamps (vertically, that is).  I dread the thought, but it’s easy to imagine in a few months that the crack will grow vertically, and eventually cause the “business end” to snap in two.

-Matt

Weve been playing with these for over a year,  and never broke one in two.

@sansafix wrote:

Weve been playing with these for over a year,  and never broke one in two.

OK, OK…OK.  There’s always a hair-splitter (or is it, clip-splitter?) in every bunch.  Now I have to lay out the whole explanation.

My clip hasn’t broken yet, it is only (slightly but visibly) cracked.  May it stay whole and intact for a long, healthy life.  :wink:  My comment about split clips was premised on (1) the fact that mine is cracked, and (2) the dozen or so threads devoted here to broken clips and calls for replacements.  It’s possibe that every single one of those posts about broken clips is not truthful, but I doubt it.  It’s also possible that the very, very few owners with broken clips come here to complain about it.  Can’t say for sure.

Then again, it’s also possible that the quality-control people save the best units for themselves (I’ve seen how demo/review consumer electronic units get doled out to friends and relatives).  Again, one can never be sure.

Admittedly, I wasn’t speaking from first-hand experience!

Sheesh…

-Matt

Message Edited by sansamatt on 12-10-2008 02:05 PM

I did not take it off in the first place.

If you never want to remove the clip,  its not a bad idea to superglue it to the back.  It is possible for the removable clip to come off.

I’m trying to remember…don’t you need to remove it to put the player in (or take it of) a silicone skin (not sure about leather)?  Excuse me for sounding pompous but I couldn’t imagine using my silver unit without the skin…ugh…all those fingerprints…

-Matt

Matt is correct,  You might want to put it in the skin before you locktite the clip on  :slight_smile:

That’s an interesting difference between the Clip and the View:  it looks like skins for the View cover the microSD slot.  In a sense, thank goodness the Clip doesn’t have an external memory slot, or else…once you glue the clip, you’d be “stuck” with that card!

-Matt

I think that you can get the silicon skin on with the Clip’s clip on–it just requires extra pulling of the skin (but would be easier with the clip off). 

Thought I’d let you guys know, the Clip clips are now available!

Cool, huh?

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: