Micro sd card compatibility?

Why would my sansa 4g player read and detect an 8g micro sd card but not a 16g? It seems to go off the radar when it’s hooked up to a pc, but when I put the 16g card in the sleeve adapter and hook it up to a mac it reads it fine. Is this a compatibility issue? I purchased the clip in good faith believing the sales pitch from sandisk that it could even read 32g micro sd cards…What gives? Are sizes above 8g incompatible with sandisk’s firmware? Someone please tell me what’s up?

Your card may be corrupt, damaged, or even counterfeit (a too-common occurrence with cards bought from sellers in China). My 32GB genuine Sandisk card works fine in my Clip+.

And my 16GB Polaroid microSD cards have been fine with my Clip+.

@gwk1967 wrote:

Your card may be corrupt, damaged, or even counterfeit (a too-common occurrence with cards bought from sellers in China). My 32GB genuine Sandisk card works fine in my Clip+.

As does mine . . . and 16GB & 8GB cards as well.

Was reading through all the compatibility issues then, saw someone had posted about the system putting a “Music” folder on the SD card while refreshing data. I had tried everything else, SD card formatter, complete reset, upgraded version etc etc.

So just connected the clip plus to the pc, the micro sd via adapter to same pc and simply copied the music folder over (which was empty as clean formated) turned off the clip+, inserted card, picked it up straight away!

maybe it will help someone out, Ive been at it for hours lol!!!