SanDisk User

Memory Card Question

I have several Clip+ devices and a memory card in only one of them.  Can I move that card from one machine to another, copy

something, and be able to play it on the other machines?

As it is now I note that if I drag and drop to the card it appears on the machine in two forms --regular and card -- with books

that might be a problem where you need one part after another or does the machine know to go to the next card number?

Hope this is not confusing because I've done very little with the card as afraid to mess up the staus quo.  Naturally there is

no info in the user manual.

Any help will be appreciated.

Donna in AR

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Memory Card Question

@dford3772 wrote:

I have several Clip+ devices and a memory card in only one of them.  Can I move that card from one machine to another, copy

something, and be able to play it on the other machines?

Yep--as long as the file is not protected by digital rights management (DRM).

As it is now I note that if I drag and drop to the card it appears on the machine in two forms --regular and card -- with books

that might be a problem where you need one part after another or does the machine know to go to the next card number?

I'm not sure if I follow this.  But for navigation by the database (I think that's the "regular" view you refer to), it should be fine as long as the ID3 tags are correct and show the correct numerical order (generally under the track number ID3 tag); and for navigation by folder navigation (the card view), it should be fine if the file names are correct and in numerical order.

Hope this is not confusing because I've done very little with the card as afraid to mess up the staus quo.  Naturally there is

no info in the user manual.

Any help will be appreciated.

Donna in AR

SanDisk User

Thanks for the prompt info!

What I said about regular and card is confusing.  On the clip+ under audio books a title that I have copied to the card

when opened appears part by part as internal memory copy first and then card copy.  I guess if that book was only on the card it

would eliminate every other file being skipped.

Can I delete the internal memory copy and leave only the card copy?

Hope this makes more sense.

Donna in AR

P.S. Just ordered the Dark Red Clip+ 19.95 refurb from Woot Deals.  These things are like potato chips and you just can't stop.

My other refurbs have been a great success!

SanDisk Guru

I'm still not sure I follow (I guess I need more coffee!), but:  if the book has been copied to both the internal and the external memory of the Clip, you only need it in one place--you can delete it from one location or the other.  But be sure there really are 2 copies there (you can do this by checking under Windows Explorer, etc.),  and it's not just that it appears listed in more than one place (which typically will be the case).