Make it EASY! for AudioBOOKS !

I swear… when I have to go to outside sources and pour over protocals on how to load and play Audiobooks…

something is wrong.

Here I am, downloading software to renumber chapters, conflate them into one big file just to load them in…

Look, I see a lot of grandchildre, neices and nephews making ‘music play lists’ I could care less about, while there are a TON of us out there picking up the clip+ to drag and drop (Kudos for that) books… make it easy for us !

Would you PLEASE add a section on AUDIObooks to your manual …not some afterthought notation. We really could use the help.

Don’t know how much time I wasted just paging past “Music” to try to find an Audiobook section…

Any help you can add to the manual would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1100/kw/audible%20books/r_id/101834

Here is a help to get Audibooks to work.  I was looking for a solution too and my Audible Books would not show up until I went to My Computer, and went to the Sansa and moved the files from Audible to Audiobooks.  I have not tried with Overdrive yet, but will at some point. 

@olmoss wrote:

I swear… when I have to go to outside sources and pour over protocals on how to load and play Audiobooks…

something is wrong.

Here I am, downloading software to renumber chapters, conflate them into one big file just to load them in…

Look, I see a lot of grandchildre, neices and nephews making ‘music play lists’ I could care less about, while there are a TON of us out there picking up the clip+ to drag and drop (Kudos for that) books… make it easy for us !

Would you PLEASE add a section on AUDIObooks to your manual …not some afterthought notation. We really could use the help.

Don’t know how much time I wasted just paging past “Music” to try to find an Audiobook section…

Any help you can add to the manual would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Agreed as to the manual. 

Might I ask, what kind of audiobooks are you concerned with and is there an issue?  If non-DRM audiobooks on CDs, I have had no issue with ripping them; tagging them (if not yet tagged from the ripping process); copying the folder holding the audiobook and dropping it into the Clip’s Audiobooks folder; and then playing them.  I’ve had no need to join the audiobook files into a single mega-audiobook file.

I have found on the internet many sites that provide free audio books, and what is more, as mp3 files. I simply drag the files I want from the site to my Sansa Clip+ which is attached to the computer via USB port. They are as easy to load as music is to load onto the Sansa Clip. Many Podcasts are also available as mp3 files. I often listen to 30 minute programs which are just 1 mp3 file - NPR and BBC provide many of their programs as mp3s. I’m sure there are other ways to do it but the above is sooooo easy. (Note for 30 minute files it is better i.e. much quicker, to downlaod them at off peak times. That is to say not during luch hour etc!

Good luck.