Major problems: not enough space, tried formatting, now FAT is corrupted, what do I do?

I have a 4GB San Disk Sansa Clip and yesterday I tried adding some music and it ran out of space, so I deleted a bunch and it still said there was no space. I then deleted all my music and audiobooks individually and it still insisted there was no space. So I tried formatting it and now when I turn it on, it says FAT is corrupted. I ran an error-check and it didn’t find anything. I then opened the Sansa clip in a window and it’s completely blank! No nothing! Did I ruin it?! What do I do now?

I have exactly the same message  and do not no what to do. Please help me if you can.

Anna

Are you getting the “Not enough space for MusicDB, Please free…” message on the player? If so, this might help.

@iluvmusic4 wrote:

I have a 4GB San Disk Sansa Clip and yesterday I tried adding some music and it ran out of space, so I deleted a bunch and it still said there was no space. I then deleted all my music and audiobooks individually and it still insisted there was no space. So I tried formatting it and now when I turn it on, it says FAT is corrupted. I ran an error-check and it didn’t find anything. I then opened the Sansa clip in a window and it’s completely blank! No nothing! Did I ruin it?! What do I do now?

If you’re using a MAC computer. Try this.

I was, but I tried following those directions to fix it and now it says the FAT is corrupted. When I open the device on the computer, the window shows it as completely blank.

YAY! So I deicided to try dragging my music into it anyway, and it worked! Just connect it to your computer and drag music files, then eject it and turn it back on. It should be able to play all your music and work again. :smiley: