MSC mode

Is there any way to get this thing into MSC mode?

I can’t use windows explorer to view files or anything. Right now I’m liking my m200 series a lot better, but hoping I can figure out how to make this work. I really don’t want to have to use media player to transfer files. How annoying. Thanks for any help you can give!

There is step that could work with the Clip that is for the Sansa Express in the link in my sig’s forums.

Message Edited by Sansa_e280r on 10-19-2007 11:42 PM

SanDisk needed to comply to microsoft’s requirement of MTP compatible device and one of the requirements is the player’s default USB setting should be MTP… always…

You can still put it in MSC mode by putting the device on hold, plugging it in while pressing << button just like most of the SanDisk MP3 player/firmwares that was recently released… e.g.  c200’s latest firmware

Thanks for the help. I wouldn’t even need to force it into MSC if it would actually allow me to browse the sansa with windows explorer like the directions say it will. Alas…

If you upgrade to WMP11 the MTP implementation will be much better.  Windows explorer should work well in MTP mode.

I agree with sansafix, WMP11 has a very good MTP implementation.  I just wish it showed up as a drive letter instead of “Sansa Clip 2GB” so I could use other programs that like drive letters for transferring files like iTunes Agent and iTunes Sync.  You guessed it I am a multi-device geek and iPod was my first purchase about 4 years ago and love the organizational side of things.  Everything is in MP3 format though so it works everywhere, iPod, BlackBerry, Sansa, etc.

Hey, here is how to put your player into MSC mode:  Put the player on the HOLD position. Then while holding down the center button plug in the USB cord and it shoud appear as a new drive.  Hope that helps.

I Also hate using music software management and I was hoping this would help me organize my music, but it only lets you browse your player windows explorer style while on your PC.  While you are using your player away from your PC you still have to search for files using Artist, album, etc… I would much rather prefer to browse by filname/folder method.

meleponine wrote:
Is there any way to get this thing into MSC mode?

I can’t use windows explorer to view files or anything. Right now I’m liking my m200 series a lot better, but hoping I can figure out how to make this work. I really don’t want to have to use media player to transfer files. How annoying. Thanks for any help you can give!

you can use windows explorer even in MTP mode. just go to my computer and open the portable device. then you can drag and drop music to the music folder. i use the device like this sometimes when i dont feel like fooling with WMP.

the button combo works also but it is kind of a pain to do it every time you plug it in.

OK, so now I have a Sansa Clip. I loaded some music on it via MTP. Then I connected it in MSC mode and dragged an MP3 (ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags verified) into its “Music” folder. Disconnected, let the Clip refresh its database, and … the MP3 doesn’t show up.

Any ideas?