Low volume after uprading firmware

I’ve just upgraded my 2GB Sansa Clip to firmware 02.01.35 and now the overall volume level is MUCH lower than before.  This is across the board (i.e. FM Radio and mp3s at all EQ settings).

It’s not my headphones or my ears as I get a decent volume when the same headphones are plugged into an iPod.  Plus I’ve tried three different pairs of headphones and they are all too quiet at full volume on my Sansa.

My battery is fully recharged and the Sansa Clip is less than a week old. 

Any suggestions?

elteluk wrote:

I’ve just upgraded my 2GB Sansa Clip to firmware 02.01.35 and now the overall volume level is MUCH lower than before.  This is across the board (i.e. FM Radio and mp3s at all EQ settings).

It’s not my headphones or my ears as I get a decent volume when the same headphones are plugged into an iPod.  Plus I’ve tried three different pairs of headphones and they are all too quiet at full volume on my Sansa.

My battery is fully recharged and the Sansa Clip is less than a week old. 

Any suggestions?

Make sure your settings are for North America and not Europe.

Ha ha! That solved it.

I guess it’s a legal thing for Europe that the max volume is set ridiculously low by default.

It’s remarkable how much of a difference there is between the regional volume settings.

European ears must be much more sensitive than North American ones!  :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for your help Marvin.

elteluk wrote:

Ha ha! That solved it.

I guess it’s a legal thing for Europe that the max volume is set ridiculously low by default.

It’s remarkable how much of a difference there is between the regional volume settings.

European ears must be much more sensitive than North American ones!  :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for your help Marvin.

My pleasure!:smiley:

I think I may be being a bit dumb here but I have the same problem - just upgraded to firmware 01.01.35

I remember previously having a sound option but I can’t find it again nor can I see an Europe or N America setting. Could you point me in right direction please ? Where do I find it ?

The options I have under Settings are - Equalizer, power, display, language, FM setting, system info, reset all, format, usb mode and press and hold.

Ahh, found it.

Will post just in case anyone else struggling - basically have to choose reset all. This gives you the option to choose your region. From there can choose your region (just don’t choose Europe if you want to listen to your player on public transport) - America worked for me too.

Although this solution works, European radio users are now stuck with odd frequency steps. 88.1MHz…88.3MHz etc.

In my country at least (UK) radio stations only use even frequencies. 

I wish I hadn’t upgraded. :cry:

“I wish I hadn’t upgraded.”

There’s a lesson in there for all of us. I’ve now downgraded the software in my Clip using the manual method described on the Sansa web site (fortunately it is (was?) an older release of the firmware), and uninstalled the updater from my PC. As they used to say. “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”.

CarrotCruncher wrote:

Although this solution works, European radio users are now stuck with odd frequency steps. 88.1MHz…88.3MHz etc.

There are different settings for the FM for you can still get your frequencies.

CarrotCruncher wrote:

You can have your cake (high volume) and eat it (radio) too. There are different settings for the FM so you can still get your frequencies.

Indeed, settings are now USA and FM world that will get where you need to be.

John Wright

What do you expect from a county that drives on the wrong side of the road.

Good afternoon,

I have exactly the same problem than you. Do you have a solution for european sandisk sansa clip. Do you know where can I get the previous firmware?

Sincerely.

budddy0 wrote:

Good afternoon,

I have exactly the same problem than you. Do you have a solution for european sandisk sansa clip. Do you know where can I get the previous firmware?

Did you even _ read _ this thread? The solution is in the 2nd post. It’s even flagged as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Plus, there’s only about 50 other threads/posts on this same subject around here. Shouldn’t take any more than about 5 minutes (max) to find one. Much less time than waiting for a response to your question. As of now, you’ve already waited 5 1/2 hours. If I hadn’t responded, who knows how much longer you would have waited. Geesh!

Oh yeah. . . now the count is up to 51. :stuck_out_tongue:

I click on the solution in your message & it doesn’t work.

Reset All under Settings; and then choose N. America or Rest of World for your area.  This gives you a high volume setting option under Settings, Volume.

Sorry, I don’t understand, could you more describe the method?

1.  On your Clip, press the home button (the small button on the face of the Clip).

2.  Fo down to and select Settings.

3.  Under Settings, go down to and select Reset All.

4.  When you are asked, choose N. America or Rest of World for your region.

This, then, gives you a High volume setting option under the Volume setting option under Settings.  Go to that and select it.  

1.  On your Clip, press the home button (the small button on the face of the Clip).

2.  Go down to and select Settings.

3.  Under Settings, go down to and select Reset All.

4.  When you are asked, choose N. America or Rest of World for your region.

This, then, gives you a High volume option under the Volume setting option under Settings.  Go to that and select it.  

Thank you, have a good day!