Looks like my screen went out...

So my screen burnt out. The light that lights up the buttons still works but the screen is totally black. If there’s some kind of trick to getting the light back on i’d like to hear it.

My real question is this: Is there a resource where I can memorize the menu so I can still use this until I can afford to buy a new one? I would like to be able to go Music>Play All and then, at the very least, what I have is kind of like an ipod shuffle. I can’t browse by artist anymore but At least music comes out.

I’d also like to be able to get to the radio. Maybe if someone could even just tell me, like ‘down twice, right three times’ that would help.

Thank you.

It would depend on the last screen you were on.  When you switch it on it’s automatically playing the last track, unless it’s been reset or database updated.

If it’s after a reset etc press select twice to play all music

If you’ve just listened to music and want to go back to ‘play all’ press menu/home button then press select twice

The main menu items are (using the down button to move to the next one): Music, Radio, Voice, Settings (which would then bring you back to music).  So if you’re listening to music and want to switch to radio it would be menu/home button, down, select.

Just in case you need to turn shuffle on too, while music is playing press home/menu.  Press select, then press up. Press select.  Press down three times.  Press select to turn shuffle on, then press menu/home twice to get you back to music.

The only problem would be if the screen is set to a short backlight time, as after this time 1 button press can sometimes just turn on the backlight.  You might need to make a few attempts before you get everything right I guess.

In case you’re around today:  2gb Clips (reburbs) today at woot.com, $15 +$5 shipping for your entire shipment …

i have got the same problem. Can you tell me in what orde ri must click buttons to disable  randomly selecting songs? I want to know where my loved songs are :slight_smile:

SOrry for my language :slight_smile: I’m from Poland :slight_smile:

Message Edited by niletuv on 01-31-2010 02:24 PM

That would be almost impossible, since no one else has the exact same music on their device.  ‘Play all’ is easy, but I can’t tell you how far you need to scroll to get to a specific song.

You didnt understanded me. I somehow changed type of selecting songs to random. Its like that: when i press right button to  next song i’ve got random selected song , and when i press left button to get song that i’ve listened before  sansa giving me another song randomly selected, and i want to change that in settings - disable that , because i want that where my songs are located. I hope you understand me :slight_smile: anyway thx for help :slight_smile:

My screen is totally dark also…

Can someone print how to get to the PlayAll list and Radio blindly? Example: press home, press forward, press select…etc…

Thanks in advance!

@slobber247 wrote:

My screen is totally dark also…

Can someone print how to get to the PlayAll list and Radio blindly? Example: press home, press forward, press select…etc…

Depends on whether you have a Clip (original) or a Clip+.